comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cmrflyer

here is the latest. One of the managment pilots said today that the company wants 8 million in consessions or there will be no new a/c until 2008.
I think that most at comair will tell them to go and f*ck themselves.

I think our MEC is smart to listen to what they have to say though. We can use it to gage how desperate they are and we can use it to our advantage (maybe). Having said that, no thanks to cuts, I gave enough when I signed onto the original contract! :mad:

U.S. Jobless Claims Grow, "True" Unemployment Rate 9.1 Percent

September 11, 2003

David Williams

WASHINGTON - Unemployment queues lengthened to a two-month record last week, data showed Thursday, and a new analysis suggested the "true" U.S. unemployment rate was now 9.1 percent.

The number of first-time jobless benefit claimants in the week ended September 6 rose 3,000 to a two-month record 422,000, following a 22,000-strong leap the previous week, seasonally adjusted Labor Department data showed.

Analysts, who generally consider the jobs market is deteriorating if new claims exceed 400,000 a week, had been hoping for a decline, said BMO Financial Group analyst Paul Ferley.

"But the level of claims has moved even further above 400,000, pointing to another decline in payroll employment for September," he said.

Last week, the government said U.S. employers had unexpectedly slashed 93,000 jobs in August, demolishing hopes of a revival in the crippled jobs market despite signs that an economic recovery is gathering pace.

The unemployment rate was 6.1 percent in August, it said.

But the true unemployment rate was more like 9.1 percent, according to an analysis of the August data by international outplacement agency Challenger, Gray and Christmas, Inc.

"Most only see the government statistic of the unemployed -- 8.9 million in August -- but there are 4.8 million who are not working but want jobs," the agency report said.

"Because they did not actively seek employment during the last month, they were not counted by the government as part of the unemployed labor force," it added.

If those people were counted, the unemployment rate was 9.1 percent in August, Challenger, Gray and Christmas said.

"It is a truer reflection of job market weakness," the agency said.

On their own, the jobless figures appeared to reflect an economy heading to recession, but other data, including fresh trade figures showing rising imports and exports, were telling a different story, Ferley said.

"The labor market remains weak but the economy is still benefitting from very strong productivity gains," he said.

Another sign of the economic recovery appeared in the new trade figures for July, which showed rising exports and imports.

An increased appetite for foreign industrial supplies and consumer goods helped to boost imports by 2.0 billion dollars, or 1.6 percent, to 126.47 billion dollars -- the highest since September 2000.

Foreigners, meanwhile, snapped up U.S. capital goods, industrial supplies, and cars, driving up exports by 1.7 billion dollars, or 2.0 percent, to 86.15 billion dollars.

As a result, however, the U.S. trade gap grew by 0.7 percent from the previous month to 40.32 billion dollars in July, according to the Commerce Department figures.

"The trade deficit widened again, but at least we were able to sell more overseas," said Joel Naroff, president of Naroff Economic Advisors.

"We do need more growth from the rest of the world to help the U.S. economy out, but we seem to be doing okay nonetheless."

U.S. businesses boosted productivity at an annual pace of 6.8 percent in the second quarter, stirring hopes for a rapid recovery but giving few crumbs to job hunters.

As I said before, they can go and f*ck themselves. Our pay is already p!ss poor, and thanks to CHQ and Mesa signing a turd of a contract we are all getting screwed.
Walmart pays better than the airlines these days, and I wouldn't have to live in Cincinnati,so you tell me, should I agree to less money so we can have new deliveries(f*ck no) or should I tell them to stick up their arse, and walk away with a smile on face. \
If Randy really thinks saving $8,000,000 on the pilot salary canreally buy new planes then he is smoking even more crack than he was two years ago!
Where can you buy an RJ for $8,000,000?
Anyone who agrees to this bullsh!t needs to have their head examined!

Latest resources

Back