Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cmrflyer

I have been with Comair for a few years nowm but I have a friend how is interveiwing in the next couple of months, what goes on at the interview these days? I konw there is no tech eval, but that is about all I know, any hepl would be appreciated.
To all of you in the pool, Comair is a great place to be these days and I look forward to flying with you.
c'ya soon

The interview was a good experience for me. Their isn't a sim eval anymore, but you still go through a tech eval to an extent during the sit down portion of the interview. The sequence of events went like this:

1. Brief on Comair history, benefits, and Comairs future. This lasted about an hour.

2. We broke up into groups. I went to the cognitive computer test first. it takes about 45 minutes or so.

3. Lunch was waiting for us in the little interviewee ready room. We ate a good roast beef sandwich lunch while waiting for one of the interview teams (a captain and a HR person) to call your name for the interview portion. This was very friendly and relaxed but professional. The first set of questions came from the HR guy. I got the impression what they really wanted to know was "can I work with this guy in the fog dodging CBs along the Eastern Corridor at night and not want to slit his throat?" In other words, does he seem competent and do I like him? Then I was asked a series of tech questions that weren't hard if you put a little prep time in. I got the impression that they wanted to know if you cared enough to study a little bit. The interview portion took about 30 minutes and it flew by. I don't think they are looking for you to nail every question either. Just that you seem like a good guy who knows his stuff.
The interview takes up the whole day for the most part. I was out of there around 4:00pm.

The bottom line...tell your friend to go to www.aviationinterviews.com. The gouge was right on the money. When I was told I was selected for an interview, the Comair guy told me to make sure I went to this website to get the gouge. Talk about your "writing on the wall." I was notified by mail about 10 days later that I had the job pending a successful background check and that I would be notified by mail when I was confirmed into a class. I'm currently swimming in what I'm told is a very shallow new hire pool and I can't wait to start. This job is going to kick a$$! Good luck to your friend and I hope this helps.

Stearman

Thanks for the reply, I'll pass the info along to my friend. Good luck in ground school, I hope to see you on line soon.

PS from what i have heard, the pool is very shallow. Last week a friend asked if she could get personal leave, she was denide and told that if they called up every reserve they had they would still be nine FOs short that day! I'm sure you will be getting a class date very soon.

can anyone tell me how long it takes from submitting a resume to getting a call for interview, on average??

thanks!

cmrflyer...or anyone,

What's the latest status on the new hire pool at Comair? The last word I heard was that they were going to have a new class every Monday in Jan. with 30-40 people in each. What's the plan for Feb? What is the interview date for the pilots starting class next week? Thanks.

Stearman

I was flying this week and was talking with someone....he thought they were going to train around 60 a month or so...Its very possible...I went from being @40 from the bottom to now having atleast 145 on the official list below me..( Dec 27th class) theres probably more now..in like a 2 1/2 month period it shot way up... I know they are short FO's...I pretty much broke guarantee this month on reserve and even had called in sick for 3 days of reserve...it shouldn't take very long

Do some newhires go directly to the CRJ-700? Is that based on need at the time or experience (probably no difference)?

Anyone flown the CRJ-700? Impressions?

Thanks

30-40 a class...hmm, that I think would be difficult.....now, maybe 60 (4 classes of 15) in a month.........As for the 700, nice plane, and yes some of the newhires have gone to the 700......In my class, as of now, none of us are going...but I have heard rumors of in a class or two they might be putting few more in the 70 seater.......I'm sure it changes daily, so I wouldn't really count on it......the 40/50's are nice too.....more routes right now.......but, that depends really on who you ask.........

Latest resources

Back