• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair warns 315 jobs may go Jan. 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any benefit or incentive for people taking a voluntary furlough? Just curious why someone would choose to do such a thing, unless its a personal situation or something else- job wise- popped up.

Apache, I will get travel benefits for as long as I am on furlough or atleast for 1 year and my current medical plan will continue for 3 months then Cobra(Hope to find something by that time). Involuntary you only get 1 month of each. I will continue to accrue both vacation and longevity as long as I dont reject my second 30 day call back. I think that is worth it. UBA757

Uncle I really dont know. I found a job with a friend so I am not going to file for unemployment. Anyway the unemployment here in Florida is $200.00 a week after taxes so I think is more productive if I beg on any street corner. UBA757

Sorry to hear about Comair! On the other hand. Look into Allegiant Air. My buddy said they're hiring like gang busters, & like hiring regionals guys. Quick upgrade to Capt on MD-80 of about a year & a few months. I interview last week. Pay scale is 41.00hr for F/O. Capt 1st yr is around 72 hr. Bases are, Orlando, Vegas, Reno, rumors of Rockford, Ill in six months.
[SIZE=-1]Qualified candidates may email resume to [email protected][/SIZE] or
FAX a completed application to 702-851-7352
Chief Pilot is Mike Devincenzi. Good Luck!​

Latest resources

Back