Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

Could anyone think of any one reason to stay at Eagle (1.5 years
seniority) or go to Comair(probably Nov or Dec class).

I know Eagles reputation believe me, But I am based where I live in LAX and that is really nice, even though I mostly sit ready reserve and it probably be a long time until I could hold a line.

I know Comair has a much better contract but I just want to make sure and think this through thouroughly.

Any input?

I start at Comair on Monday. One of my best friends started Jan 30 this year and should be able to hold a line in Nov or Dec. That's about all I can offer you at this time. Rumors are that Comair might operate in LAX in a couple years, which would be good for your, though you know how rumors go! You'll definately get the jet...the only equipment now that the EMBs are gone. So if jet time is important, and it's far away at Eagle, then maybe Comair's the way to go. I would find it hard to give up a good job already, unless you think it's in jeapordy due to flowback, furlough, etc. Best of luck in your tough decision!

Leave Eagle as fast as you can! I left eagle after a year or so when I got hired by Comair. I did sit in the pool for a little longer than expected, but, I start on Monday and couldn't be happier. I had a nice summer away from my SJU commute and did some part-time work and spent time with my family. Eagle is a sinking ship! If you could get hired by another regional, I would leave in a heartbeat. I live in Dallas and Comair is moving out there next year. You could always bid that and commute to LAX until Comair moves further west. Plus, the upgrade at eagle is about non-existent. Just my .02!

Hovernut said:
Rumors are that Comair might operate in LAX in a couple years, which would be good for your, though you know how rumors go!

is that what you hear hanging around sanford? i'll believe it when i see it. i don't find it very constructive to post wild rumors like that on here, we haven't even seen anything definite on dallas yet...

Pulled over by Rumor Police!

That came from 3 Captains on the interview team when they visited SFB in June. They referred to it as "it might be in the works after Dallas."

Heard this from my Admissions Guy @ CAA

I also heard that there is a possibility of LGA becoming a crew base also......I haven't heard of any dates though!

DFW, SLC, LGA, DCA, LAX, MCO...

i've heard them all...seen nothing yet...

after DFW, where else do we have to go?

three captains from the interview team are hardly a reliable source for information, trust me, you will learn that in due time...

good luck in tng, it's easy...

Last edited:
I left eagle after a year and a half, and I can honestly say that Im happy to be at Comair. I was displaced to a different base/airplane after 9/11, however, I was prior to that based where I was living, and that was great. However, you cannot base your career on that one thing alone. It is nice not to commute, but if you are working for a great company that is expanding and that provides a bit more stability, go for it. There will always be a million reasons other people will give you to stay, however, its your life and you have to go with your instincts. I waited about five months for a class date, but now I have been here a little over four months and it was worth the wait.

I think a LGA base will happen

If CMR is really taking over all the ACA flying out of LGA, would'nt it make sense to to also takeover the crew base there also? In any case I know the Admissions Advisors will most likely tell you anything to get you to CAA...but I think he might be telling the truth.

Latest resources

Back