Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair upgrades cancelled. Even the good news is bad with these people...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NOLEFAN

Headline NewsCancellation of 2007-01 Pilot Vacancy Bid25-May-2007Due to changes in block hour projections and lower staffing assumptions, the 2007-01 Vacancy Bid is cancelled. In accordance with Sec. 23.J.1-2, all pilots awarded in either the primary or secondary portion who have not started training or been advanced will remain in their current category. Because seniority must be re-aligned, the pilots who have been transferred or began training out of seniority order must also be returned to their former category. The decision to cancel the bid is a difficult one, but necessary to avoid a situation where a large group of pilots would not be trained before their effective conversion date.
2007-01 Cancellation

It'll be back. With GSO/MCO closing and the addition of the 90s and reduction in 50s, there'll be a whole lot of shuffling going on.

I was in class when the planning manager came in to announce the bad news. We were 1.5 hours away from completing upgrade g/s! We elected to continue and got signed off for that part....don't know how long it's good for, but hopefully I won't have to sleep through it once again! ;)

It's been a l-o-n-g drive back to Orlando, knowing (almost for certain) that I'll probably close it down soon. The senior CAs will be happy to see us 3 senior FOs back again...already hearing the whining about flying with new hires!!

Oh, and the planning goons said NH training will come to a screeching halt after the June 4 class!

Latest resources

Back