• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair/TYS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I forget the airline, but in Dayton a ramper was killed a few years back loading and unloading a RJ. Not a laughing matter.

A Comair employee was killed at DTW in 2006.

An ASIG employee was killed at DTW in 2007.

A Pinnacle employee was killed at DAY in 2007.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the quire when I say an airport ramp is an unforgiving place to work. There are a million ways to hurt yourself out there and a lot of distractions. It's loud, cold, hot, and sometimes you feel rushed.

I cringe every time I see someone doing a walk around while talking on their phone. Waiting to make or take a call could be the difference between serious injury/death or a close call.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the quire when I say an airport ramp is an unforgiving place to work.

I doubt it. You may, however, be preaching to the choir.

That is horrendous of what happened to the ramper!
Not only will be dependant on a wheel chair for the rest of his life, he will have to cope with the anger and mental anguish he is sure to suffer from.

Best to him and his family during these trying times.

BTW off topic, kind of, but what did Rick do to get suspended? As Walt would say, I'm curious for the deets.

Also, does anyone know why the ramper was walking down the stairs as the jet way was moving? I've seen rampers do this before and it's not very safe. If the ramper has to drive a tug or wing walk, I think they could wait 5 seconds until the jetway stops...

I cringe every time I see someone doing a walk around while talking on their phone. Waiting to make or take a call could be the difference between serious injury/death or a close call.
Or squeezing between the belt loader and the airplane instead of taking 3 seconds to walk around it.

Or squeezing between the belt loader and the airplane instead of taking 3 seconds to walk around it.

I used to do that until the accident in DTW a couple years back, I stopped that practice and I believe Comair put out a memo about not to do it on walkarounds.

What a horrible tragedy!! Be careful out there gang, whatever it is you may do.

And BTW- I hate the term deets, sounds so juvenile and moronic. Then again, that about sums up FI 85% of the time.

Latest resources

Back