Comair Training??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tony Montana

I just read an interview gouge on Comair that stated after the first 7 days of training you must pay for your hotel room. I have been researching the company and I have sent them resumes over the past few months waiting for a call. I even had a resume walked in. I am not sure how I will afford to pay for my room through training if I get an interview and get hired. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

During the interview process they tell you that crash pads are plentiful and are under $150 a month.

no

seven days to find your own place. 250 a week until fully qualified. If you can't afford it go somewhere else, there's plenty of jobs out there.

figure that $250/week for 3 months until you're out of the sim.

we put 7 guys in a 3 bedroom apartment and it worked out great, except for a lack of hot water. it makes it much easier to study, and it will cut you costs a bit. still, you'll be shelling out for lots of stuff: uniforms, suitcase, flight case, etc., before you see a real paycheck...

Comair doesn't pay for a hotel room?????

Dam.n, even ASA pays for a single room while in training. Is this a new development at Comair??

Nope......not a new development. In 1997 is as far back as I am certain of, and then, your lodging costs were on the trainee.

To clarify, CMR will pay for a single occupancy hotel room and per diem for any training done out of domicile. All new hire training is done in domicile at CVG. The fact that CMR provides a room for the first week is reasonable but the $250 a week pay until IOE is embarrassing. Sadly, it is still better than some companies.

Name of the game.....payroll deduction for uniforms, anything down in the flightstation, which is the company store........25.00 a month out of your paycheck.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back