• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to officially furlough 300 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many pilots on the list at Comair? Good luck to all.

jj

I believe the highest seniority number is 1598, but the new list hasn't come out yet.

I don't understand the math. In order to justify the loss of 300 pilots, they would have to lose 30 aircraft. All the numbers that have been reported only show a loss of 15 aircraft at the most. How did they arrive at the 300 number do you suppose? I think the idea that they are trying to make it sound worse than it is has some merit.

Felixpuppy, I would think the number of bodies on property to fly is a function of block hours and not number of airframes. And likely expect further cuts.

my 4 day trip was modified and totally changed. i asked why and the scheduler said ohhh well we have no choice, we are understaffed. hmmmm

Your 4 day trip in the middle of the busy summer travel season (and thunderstorm season) was changed. Wow.

After Labor day, in case you have had your head in the sand for the last 3 months, all airlines have announced (except Southwest) about a 15-20% reduction in domestic flying. Last time I checked, Comair's RJ did about 95% domestic flying. Not to mention I have not heard one financial analyst say that 50 or 70 seat RJ flying at $4 a gallon for Jet A is even close to be profitable.

You may be a little understaffed now but really doubt it after Labor Day.

Latest resources

Back