comair to lose 5 seventy seaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kc81900

Hear today that DCI is announcing the return of 5 seventy seaters back to the lessor tomorrow. Delta has not been paying the leases so back they go.

Wonder if these will end up with Skywest/ASA or both? We'll see.

I'm sorry CMR, but your fate has already been decided. When you vote. Vote with your hearts and minds, but remember....Pilots don't buy airplanes. The big D is just using your situation to siphen more money out of your pocket. You've been dealt this hand before (pay freeze for growth) and it came back to bite you in the ass. Don't get suckered into another trap. Stay strong. Vote NO.

I've not heard this through my usual sources which would usually be abuzz with this news. Many of the airplanes are "cross colateralized" meaning that the debt on one airplane may be underwritten against ownership interest in other airplanes. Part of the reason why Delta can not dump 50 seaters is because they are collateralized by 70 seat airframes that have a higher market value. By the same token, I would imagine some of the 70 seaters are underwritten by the 50's to generate a safety net.

I have not seen any of the paperwork on these airplanes, but if you had tail numbers you could check the FAA's Registration Database to see if anything was being processed. It would not give you a definative answer, but looking there might provide an indication if this was true.

Supposedly it is 6 70 seaters and it is because their leases are tied to 50 seat leases as has been mentioned above. The leassor has decided to put them in the desert as they are concerned that if they give lease relief to these aircraft, then all small lift providers will want the same. Since this still is a desirable airframe, this is their attempt at controlling the market for them.

kc81900 said:
Hear today that DCI is announcing the return of 5 seventy seaters back to the lessor tomorrow. Delta has not been paying the leases so back they go.

Heard the same thing a few days ago. A total of 14 aircraft by Jan 6th. 70's, 40's, and 50's. Apparently it is not tied to The Proposal, it is simply a leasor who has become less risk tolerant. I know of 1 70 that has left already.

Latest resources

Back