Comair Strike Vote???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:
Hey Teehee, aren' you one of those Delta pilots? Now that IS impressive!

We're always in awe when one of you enven looks our way; and when you speak ..... WOW!

No, but I am closer to being one than you are. Waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You have one giant case of inferiority complex man.

Sooooooooo glad to be gone.

Comrcap, your trying to tell me that you can't find a job that pays more than MESA, because that is what Dave Soaper and Fred said you are going to get(actualy they said less than MESA). Get real, how can you look your wife in the eye and tell here you get 11 days off a month, fly 90 hrs and the mortgage check still bounced.
I have a lot to lose, but I will not spend my life begging for money from ATL, have some respect for yourself.
Grow up, why did you walk in circles for 89 days?
You could have spent that time in ground school with MESA.

cmrflyer said:
Comrcap, your trying to tell me that you can't find a job that pays more than MESA, because that is what Dave Soaper and Fred said you are going to get(actualy they said less than MESA). Get real, how can you look your wife in the eye and tell here you get 11 days off a month, fly 90 hrs and the mortgage check still bounced.
I have a lot to lose, but I will not spend my life begging for money from ATL, have some respect for yourself.
Grow up, why did you walk in circles for 89 days?
You could have spent that time in ground school with MESA.

Predictions for Delta group:

They will soon mirror United and USair,

United:

12 year (Top of Scale)

737/A320- Capt. $129 hour F/O $88 Hour
747- Capt. $178 hour F/O $122 hour

USair:

16 year (top of scale)

737/A320- Capt. $125 hour F/O $85 hour
A330- Capt. $160 hour F/O $109 hour

Comair will be considerably less. Strike will not change that fact, BK is a rough one. If Comair strikes they will be replaced with the lowest bidder. Sadly this is not speculation, mgmt. has a very nice blueprint of how to do it, United and USair perfected the process and the courts are not on the side of labor.

The last ALPA strike (Polar) did nearly nothing, they ended up with the original proposed contract + a one time 4% bonus. Additionally Polar was not in BK at the time.

In BK, a strike is suicide for a pilot group. It will drive home the point to mgmt. but it will cost the group the jobs.

However, you are correct, with the pay rate you will most likely end up with, Home Depot will be the more lucrative career.

You are correct. I would not be on strike to get more money, everyone knows that would not happen.
I would however have no regrets about going on strike.
I think you might understand what my goal for a strike would be.
With a MESA payrate (or less) why would anyone in their right mind work at this sh!t hole. You could get a job at Costco, they pay $17, better med insurance, home every night, and guess what, a forty hour week would pay you twice as much as MESA make.
So like i said before, I am ready to strike.
Let the whores have what they spent the last two years at flight school working for, a jet job and $24000 salary. Well done boys, well done.

The way I see it, when you are in BK there is very little that can be done. Judges are not currently friendly to labor, Public opinion is against any group perceived as being greedy, and right now public opinion is using pilots as the poster children for greed. Mainly due to the misinformed public. Mgmts. PR machine has been very effective.

In the case of United and USair, all they could really do is live to fight another day. Many 20 year USair guys are quitting and showing up at places like Atlas/Polar, Cathay, Fedex, UPS, etc. Since even starting again at the bottom they have time to make good before retirement.

The guys that stand the most to lose are the Comair guys in their 50's. No real prospect of being able to move to another carrier, or if they do, no time to get seniority enough to make a retirement.

No matter how bad it gets, Delta/Comair will be just like the U and UAL family was. Many will move on, but a large number of pilots really have no option except to try to finish their career. The only ones that will be really hurt by a strike are the senior older guys. Delta will not care, BK judge will not care, the young Junior guys can move on to a new carrier so they will not be heavily affected over the long term.

It depends on how the pilot group breaks down age wise, the older the group, the more they will have to take whatever is offered.

Latest resources

Back