• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EngineOut

Time to Make the Donuts!
FYI...Got an email from AirlineApps.com:

Comair will begin its pilot hiring process soon. Projected class dates are being scheduled for late June and early July. If you are still interested in interviewing for a FO position with Comair, Inc please update your online application with AirlineApps as soon as possible to be considered for an immediate interview. Interviews are scheduled to start the week of 6/5/06. www.airlineapps.com

Thank You,
Comair Pilot Recruitment

I got the same email. I loved my short time at Comair, but that was then and now I'm too afraid that they're gonna be a very different company when they pull out of this.......if they pull out. I'll stay with my current job.

Comair Interviews

Yes. Comair is interviewing again. There are basic indoc classes that started this week. They are planning some classes through september. Good luck to those who apply.

BIG FAVOR to ask. Can someone email me with a salary indication. I know the 75 hr guarantee@$20/hr , but I'm unfamiliar how much the per diem will add to the monthly salary.

I have a corporate job right now, but need a salary indication before going to the interview. Just got an email that I have been invited for an interview next week.

Basicly looking for the total amount that gets deposited after taxes. Just an average would be fine. Email or post is fine.. Thx again for the info guys!

Flyhighusa said:
BIG FAVOR to ask. Can someone email me with a salary indication. I know the 75 hr guarantee@$20/hr , but I'm unfamiliar how much the per diem will add to the monthly salary.

I have a corporate job right now, but need a salary indication before going to the interview. Just got an email that I have been invited for an interview next week.

Basicly looking for the total amount that gets deposited after taxes. Just an average would be fine. Email or post is fine.. Thx again for the info guys!

What you want is basically impossible to produce. The pay cuts have not gone into affect and when they do they likely won't look exactly like they currently do (unless the company can get the flight attendents to agree to give up $8.9 million). The rates on Airlinepilotcentral are wrong. Right now first year pay is $23 and per diem is $1.75. The proposed cuts would make it $20 and $1.45 (figures from memory, but they should be close). Pay during training is $240 per week and per diem if you are based anywhere but CVG (I think most classes will be for JFK, GSO, and a few CR7 CVG slots), and the training is quite long (comparetively speaking).

I wouldn't come to Comair for quick upgrade or great pay (it's decent right now, but for how long?). If you want a JFK, GSO, or eventually CVG base then it might be a good option. I doubt Comair will go out of business, but who knows? I spent the first three months of the year furloughed.

The future at Comair is uncertain, but overall it's a good place to work (from my experience anyway). If you get hired and know what you are getting into, Comair might be a good choice. Good luck either way.

Comair is alive and kickin baby! All newbies drinks are on your brotha D'Angelo! I will make sure to inform you of your rights against the ALPO bullies. Alive and kickin thats what comair is! Oh sure we are hiring for attrition now, someday soon though it will also be for growth. See you in the NYC!

Mco

Any new hires going into the MCO base (If its still open, not sure). If not right away, how long to be awarded it? Thanks

It will roll said:
Any new hires going into the MCO base (If its still open, not sure). If not right away, how long to be awarded it? Thanks

MCO is very senior, it would probably take several years for a new hire to hold it.

Latest resources

Back