• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Set To Recall Pilots In 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats Comair Pilots!! Good to see some good news on the FI Ranch!

Trojan

I hope a bunch, the unemployment check only lasts about 9 more weeks unless good ol obama gets me another extension..... love me some o've that obama money!

Actually ones that are getting recalled just lost their jobs Nov 1st so I bet most of them come back.

maybe but weren't many of those voluntary? I'd bet almost none of them come back this quick. I know 2 that won't come back this quick.

I think this is funny since Delta in essence told Mesaba to ramp up their much excersized furlough plan for the coming years!

Could it be they've gotten a sneak peak at the coming new flight time/duty time regs, and realize it would be cheaper to hold onto the furloughees than to retrain them after they've all dequal'ed?

Although the wording of the memo (additional flying opportunities), combined with the fact that Delta is actually reducing overall flying next year, does suggest the Mesa replacement theory is more accurate.

Keep your fingers crossed

Fir those furloughed pilots at Comair who get recalled, congrats! Take the job, get back to flying, and hopefully better things ahead. Hopefully more airlines that have pilots on furloughed will get those pilots back in the cockpit and in the air.

Only time will tell. Good luck to all!

Latest resources

Back