• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Set To Recall Pilots In 2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this is funny since Delta in essence told Mesaba to ramp up their much excersized furlough plan for the coming years!

Our furlough plan is just as exercised as yours nothing funny about it.

We still have over 300 pilots on the street. How many does Mesaba have right now? We are all getting screwed we just have been screwed earlier and probably more later too.

We still have over 300 pilots on the street. How many does Mesaba have right now? We are all getting screwed we just have been screwed earlier and probably more later too.

As of December 7, there will be approx. 125 furloughed at Mesaba. With 13 more Saabs being parked in 2010 that number will only go up.

maybe but weren't many of those voluntary? I'd bet almost none of them come back this quick. I know 2 that won't come back this quick.

No, but what I have heard from the rumor mill, some ALPA reps have mentions that the 7 guys who volunteered to be furloughed might get it later down the road.
As for now, the Nov 1st guys are being recalled. I know of about 6-7 of them that have taken jobs with ATC, Firefighter, Police and bartender.
They might have to dip into the guys who were furloughed last year.

No, but what I have heard from the rumor mill, some ALPA reps have mentions that the 7 guys who volunteered to be furloughed might get it later down the road.
As for now, the Nov 1st guys are being recalled. I know of about 6-7 of them that have taken jobs with ATC, Firefighter, Police and bartender.
They might have to dip into the guys who were furloughed last year.

There were more than seven who took the voluntary furlough...seventeen if I recall correctly...I'm not motivated to look it up.

Those who took the voluntary furlough are the least likely to return at the first opportunity because they either have something more important, or lucrative, to do with their time than continue to be a performer in the Comair circus...and since they have unlimited bypass rights until everyone junior to them has been offered a recall there's no reason to jump on the first opportunity to return to the idiocy that Comair and Delta perpetuate.

Latest resources

Back