• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair says Displacement Bid is Off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard OO had purchased Comair for the assets and would be laying off the entire work force. Big announcement after the merger has been completed.

I figure enough doom and gloom that I could pile on and nobody would notice.

Sorry to burst your bubble ASSCARPE! No one to clean your pool, now ;(

From Director of Crew Planning:

Due to the ongoing volatility of the fall flight schedule, we are postponing the Pilot
Displacement Bid 2008-05. The bid that closed on July 28th will be cancelled and another bid
will be released in the future. We will also update the number of pilot furloughs next week.

The change in our block hours from September through the end of the year is another example of
the fluid environment we’re in. We must prepare ourselves the best we can for these schedule
fluctuations to continue, especially since Comair’s ability to adapt to these adjustments is
incredibly valuable in our partnership with Delta.

We recognize the importance of open communication, especially when changes affect the lives
of our crewmembers. Additional information will be shared as soon as the details are finalized.

....and the saga continues...

Rule # 3 of airline management.

Anything we say is going to happen (good or bad) will only happen to half the degree and will take twice as long to take place (if it happens at all.)

This applies to everything: deadlines, furloughs, a/c deliveries, etc.

Anything we say is going to happen (good or bad) will only happen to half the degree and will take twice as long to take place (if it happens at all.)

This is one of the truest things I've read on this board in some time.

Any Comair people care to speculate on what's going on?

I did not see this one coming so I feel obligated as a Flight Info expert to take a stab in the dark at it.

So here we go...

10) Management dragging their feet on our reduction because the Freedom case will be wrapped up quicker than expected.

9) Richard Anderson read flight info and saw what an azz-clown acarpe is and simultaneously down-graded him to lav-cart duty while blocking Comair's demise.

8) Everyone in the General Offices takes their guidance from a drunken chipanzee named rocky.

7) Soaper is really schizophrenic and today was a "goood daay" so he cut the pilots a break.

6) Delta liked flying RJs at $140 dollars per a barrel but they LOVE THEM at $120 per a barrel. They are a damn bargain!

5) Chuck Norris just bought Comair and will begin to take over the world. Look out Southwest, FedEx and UPS (khaki shorts and cargo doors...here we come)!

4) We needed to keep the extra pilots to staff the direct flights to Lubbock for General Lee. He has vacation time coming up. Time to take the old lady out and do it right!

3) When I woke up this morning, I rolled over and asked J.O.'s daughter to talk to her daddy about dropping the suit against Delta...Guess it worked.

2) ATLCrashpad just bought us and we need pilots to go head-to-head in a gang war against Airtran. Datz Riite Booouuuyyy!

1) Tomorrow management will reissue the furlough, this time for 1000 pilots....After all it is Comair.

Last edited:
The change in our block hours from September through the end of the year is another example of
the fluid environment we’re in. We must prepare ourselves the best we can for these schedule
fluctuations to continue, especially since Comair’s ability to adapt to these adjustments is
incredibly valuable in our partnership with Delta.

What does that mean? Is he saying the hours are increasing or decreasing even more?

Thats good stuff.

Good luck to you guys at Comair.

Latest resources

Back