Comair Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DOGTIRED

What does Comair pay during training. Their website states they pay for housing. Is that single or double occ? What are the chances of getting the GSO base? Thanks.

Training pay is $240 per week. Last I heard, if you get the CVG base they will pay for one week of hotel, and if you get any other base you'll get your room paid for the duration of training. The rooms are single occupancy. GSO is a smaller base so there are less openings, but it does go to newhires. JFK is going to be the most popular base for newhires for a while as we transfer a good portion of our flying to the Northeast.

i heard that has changed and they get the room all the way through. I could be wrong but I did hear that.

Thanks Guys. I've been thinking about getting back into the airlines. The flying bug is hard to shake. Would Comair or ASA be better? I really like the idea of the GSO base though.

My guess would be Comair, they're hiring 400+ pilots this year with 200+ updgrades. ASA could continue to be dismantled my Skywest.

My guess would be Comair, they're hiring 400+ pilots this year with 200+ updgrades. ASA could continue to be dismantled my Skywest.

Yeah right. IMO, Comair is much more likely to drop off the face of the earth this year than ASA. Any hiring and upgrading will come solely from attrition. There is a reason people are leaving in high numbers.

They both have very uncertain futures. Delta is whipsaw central, and the Delta pilots are overwhelmed. They haven't now, nor do I believe will ever have, the will to fix the core problems they have which cause the whipsaw. JMO.

If you want to be in GSO---try CHQ. If you want to be in GSO and are open to other flying options, there are some great charter ops on the field. I think that at Comair right now, you might be jumping aboard a sinking ship. ASA---well who knows. You should be able to find out quite a bit about them by looking at the 1st four pages in the regionals section.

ASA might end up being a great company once this contract gets worked out! Good luck with your decision.

Latest resources

Back