• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair President Resigns

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We will need every bit of your spirit and passion to take on the hard work necessary to put Comair back in the leadership position that built the company over the years," Buttrell wrote.

The spirit and passiion of Comair's people has already been buried under the yoke of Delta management. If in fact Comair is no longer in the leadership position that built the company, that can be directly attributed to its acquisition by Delta and its operations under the direction of none other than Mr. Butrell. His appointment as Comair's president will undoubtedly contribute even more to Comair's eventual demise.

surfnole said:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=&e=9&u=/ap/20050117/ap_on_bi_ge/comair_president_quits

It sounds like a pretty successful career. Losing tens of millions of dollars in the strike and now this.

As a computer guy, I would love to know the reasons for the system meltdown.

I read somewhere, probably on a link from a fellow flightinfo poster, that the computer scheduling system was just overworked. It was stated that the system was old, and was being asked to track about 50% more flights, etc, than it had been originally designed to keep up with. It apparently just crashed. Combine that with a massive storm, and you get what you got.

Good Luck to all of the old hands at Comair.
enigma

surfnole said:
As a computer guy, I would love to know the reasons for the system meltdown.

They tried to track 32,769 schedule changes in a database indexed by a signed integer.

Latest resources

Back