Comair poolies; Anyone get called lately

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brucehaley

Any Comair poolies out there get called to start training in May?
My interview was Mar 13, good letter two weeks later, have not
heard anything since.

Comair Training

Hey Bruce, I saw your post and I'm a little surprised that no one else from your class is responding. I'll tell you what I know:

I interviewed in late February and started class in late April. There are guys in my interview class who still have not started training though I think that most everyone in that interview class has a scheduled training date before the end of May.

If I was a betting man -- and I'm not -- I'd bet that you'll be hearing from HR around the second or third week in May for a class in late May or June. The principal factor will be the timing of aircraft deliveries.

Everything still looks good though so keep optimistic and good luck to you. IMHO, Comair is a terrific place to be.

Looking4traffic,

Have you heard that there will be no more classes till the end of May. I'd heard rumors of a 27 May Class but haven't had that confirmed. I've heard nothing about any other May Classes. Also, can you tell me how many are in your class? Exactly how long is the training from start to finish (I think I counted 82 days)? Last question (for now;) ). Do you know how many people Comair has plans to hire? (Let's say out of the 300-350 they planned to hire at the beginning?)

Thanks Man,

Richard

Have you heard that there will be no more classes till the end of May. I'd heard rumors of a 27 May Class but haven't had that confirmed. I've heard nothing about any other May Classes.

Most recent classes include two last week (one started on Monday, April 28th and the other started that same Wednesday.) I know for sure that there is another class on May 12th and I heard that there was a class scheduled to begin every Monday in May.

Also, can you tell me how many are in your class?

There are typically 6-10 people in each class.

Exactly how long is the training from start to finish (I think I counted 82 days)?

82 days is correct I think. That includes scheduled days off.

Do you know how many people Comair has plans to hire? (Let's say out of the 300-350 they planned to hire at the beginning?)

My understanding is that there has been no change concerning the number of new aircraft that Comair is accepting this year. Accordingly, I think that their hiring numbers have remained constant as well. I certainly hope that is true, anyway.

When did you interview, Richard? Good luck to you.

Thanks for that info!

I'm so excited to get started there. I'm thinking I'll get the call to start in May based on your intel. Does HR send you an info packet on what to bring to training? Just curious, have your family's travel benefits kicked in yet? I've heard to expect 30 days (got a wife anxious to come out and visit me during training). I'll PM you with more about me if you wish.

Richard

P.S. Doing some simple math, I'm guessing they've maybe hired 30-40/mo since January, which still leaves 200+ left to hire before year's end? I like those numbers! Check my math. :p

Interviewed 2/19 . terminal leave 1 May. Called today for a 19 May date. Offered a 27 may Date as well.

Interviewed 4/22, got the congrats letter on May 6. Was told to expect class 1st or 2nd week of June. Hope this helps.

Bruce, you know my story but I'll post it for everybody else.

Interviewed on 13 Mar, Congrats letter 2 weeks later, nothing since...

Latest resources

Back