Comair Pilots please respond

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KINGAIR PIC

Just wondering where Comair pilots are living in the US. I know that CVG is a base; is that the only one now that MCO is closed?
Do most of you guys live in Cincinnati? If not what is the commute like right now? Any info would help.

The only base currently for Comair is CVG. Who knows what future bases there will be. There were talks of DFW, but that has seemed to die off, and now there are talks of SLC, but that could take a while. There are a good majority of pilots who commute to CVG and for the most part, I dont hear of any major problems, except for some of the Florida guys who face heavy loads year round because of the vacationers. I commute out of Chicago, and it is so easy. As long as you have either frequency or a choice of carriers, you are set. Chicago has both. Of course, there will always be times when its impossible to get out/in due to some massive storm, but thats the joy of commuting

We have Comair pilots commuting from everywhere in the continental US. It is diffcult to commute during holiday rushes, April and March, due to spring break. It can be done though. I just would not recommend commuting out of MCO or TPA. Most of the pilots and flight attendents whom were displaced out of MCO still commute from there. I think there will be at least one new base by the end of this year. Can't tell you when or what. The rumors for new bases are as followed, ATL, SLC, DCA, LGA. I know for a fact DFW is definetly out. Comair is still hiring like I've never seen before. Yes, did offer Colas. However, they needed more of the line flying for training purposes ie. IOE. They are upgrading Captains at a rapid rate as well. Right now I hear it is 3 years to upgrade. Comair has upgrade classes filled through Sept. Good Luck, and Welcome, if Comair is where you choose to work.

Latest resources

Back