• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Pilot arrested in PA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not saying it's impossible to forge documents. I'm saying it's a lot harder to forge a data trail associated with one's past. If a potential passenger fails to cross-check on a couple of profiling points, THEN he get's the additional analprobe.

Every Village has an Idiot- you are ours

flyhard said:
First of all it would have been easier to quote my entire response. Maybe you need to step into reality and realize that people do not give a $hit that you are a pilot, so the rules are not going to change. If they did then where would the line be drawn?

You seem to have a problem using common sense, perhaps that is why you were a "trainer of screeners". Let mne try to clear up a couple of things for you:

The difference between a pilot and the public, is that the pilot doesn;t need a weapon to access the flight deck, since he ALREADY HAS ACCESS TO THE FLIGHT DECK. The other difference is that the PILOT has completed a background check.

That is why we should not be treated with the same suspicion as a passenger . . . . . understand?

Do us a favor, and find another industry . . . because it is very clear you don't belong in this one. That probably has more to do with why you aren;t a working pilot than 9/11.

Many of the pilots who play a part in the hiring process at various airlines frequent this board . . . hopefully, after reading your comments and seeing the lack of respect you have for the members of this profession, they will make sure to not hire you. I sure hope so.

Ty that sure is a long list of assumptions. Please tell me why you think I have no respect for aviation profession?

I was simply trying to bring out a side other than the one we see as pilots. Sure I have the utmost respect for any pilot from a 150 driver on up. The fact is that the people who are not pilots ( TSA and the general public) don't understand that. Like I said hopefully things will change in the future.

As far as being hired by another airline. Believe it or not I've got a couple of offers already. So I think it might be a little to late for that.

Hopefully this clears up any more assumption you want to bring to the table. Until then take care Ty, you sure do seem to be a heck of a nice guy.

Anyone know why the rampies get to waltz right past security and have unrestricted ramp access while we have to get molested and possibly arrested for wondering too far away from ops or the aircraft? Am I to believe they have earned more trust than flight crews? I don't get it

I few months ago, I was in a 55 out in St. Louis, and I was taking a picture of the airplane on that sunny afternoon. One of the line guys actually said that airport security might think that thirty feet was too great a distance for me to be standing from the aircraft!!

Anyone know why the rampies get to waltz right past security and have unrestricted ramp access while we have to get molested and possibly arrested for wondering too far away from ops or the aircraft? Am I to believe they have earned more trust than flight crews? I don't get it

I used my newly aquired flight priveledges (thanks SWA) to fly back and visit my girlfriend halfway across the country.

I have not passed my 135 checkride yet but am still employed as a pilot so I can fly jumpseat, just not in the cockpit. I have not been issued my epalets yet but bought some to make it easier to travel. The only thing that differentiated me from someone who bought a Van Huesen shirt and epalets was a company ID which could easily done on a computer.

To make things interesting, I was a rushed going through screeening as I was a little late. I forgot to take out my computer so was pulled aside for special screening. After removing my computer and sending it and my bag through the Xray a second time, the TSA agent started to go through my bag. I was wondering what they were looking for. Somehow between all my power cables and lots of other electronics they saw something. In my Dob kit was the smallest swiss army knife. It was smaller than my pinkey, old and duller than the plastic cutlery given with an airline meal, but it was a knife and it was confiscated.

I have heard of another story of someone who tried to carry a lighter onboard that had belonged to frank sinatra or someone famous. It had no fuel, flint or any other dangerous components, but was still confiscated. I imagine all those other components could be with someone else and be put together to make a working lighter. As a knife carried through by a pilot could be passed to someone else.

It seems impossible to catch everything that could go wrong with airport security but it is nice that they are trying. The aviation industry has enough problems without any more security concerns. Unless you are registered to carry a firearm, you should carefully check your bag, and even though you are a pilot do not raise a fuss when you are put through extra security, especially if you might have packed a knife in your bag.

The extra security may be a pain in the butt, but it is our jobs being protected and at least we don't have to wait in line.

RefugePilot said:
Unless you are registered to carry a firearm, you should carefully check your bag.
What does registered to carry a firearm mean and where do I find this "registration", at the "registrars" office?

Latest resources

Back