Comair Pilot arrested in PA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyhard said:

As for ifly4food, I was a captain for over two years so don't tell me about hard work and "earning" things until you have held that title.

As for Timebuilder, when was the last time in an airport? You said "several" times. Wow several, that is a lot.

I really don't need some punk to tell me about an attitude.

Ohhhhh.....you are a salty 'ol dog, huh?

flyhard said:
As for ifly4food, I was a captain for over two years so don't tell me about hard work and "earning" things until you have held that title.
I don't know if ifly4food is a captain or not...although I think he is. In any case, he clearly has more respect for the title than you do...which is a shame since you were one for "over two years." Wow!

I really don't need some punk to tell me about an attitude.
Okay, what if someone who isn't a punk says you have a lousy attitude? It doesn' surprise me, though. I have not communicated with a single former-airline-pilot security official who didn't have a huge chip on their shoulder about pilots in general and captains in particular.

I wonder why that is...

As for Timebuilder, when was the last time in an airport? You said "several" times. Wow several, that is a lot. Obviously you are an expert on just about everything with over 1700 posts. It is just not aviation or security.

Actually, one dose of this nonsense would have been enough for me. "Several times" is only the tip of a very large iceberg, and the time period is over the last eight months. I have been a pilot and a passenger since the mid sixties, but I have been thinking for my entire life. I seem to be getting better at thinking as I get older. I hope that means I am on a path of wisdom. The more I learn, the more I realize that I know so little.

As far as being an "expert", if schooling myself in several disciplines qualifies me as such, then so be it. I left journalism behind just a few years before I left broadcasting. Frankly, I have found flying to be a more enjoyable use of my time; something I should have pursued when I was ten, and that Tri-Pacer was a "new" airplane.

I guess I have over 1700 posts because that journalist organism has become a part of me, like a "Borg" has permanent implants. Instead of being compelled to assimilate, I am compelled to disseminate. That, and I enjoy the people here, the many kinds of pilots, the personalities, the attitudes. Some share my passion for flying, some share my passion for the constitution and freedom, and some share my passion for the savior. All in all, we have a lot to share, and this is one of the best places available to do that. The world has changed for us, and many formerly unconnected aspects of our society are now a part of the forces that will steer the aviation industry into the next century.

I guess that means we have a lot to talk about.

Here, we were talking about security. Most of the pilots here didn't like your tone. Maybe you feel you have good reason to be a little edgy, I don't know. So, you can throw me in with the group you call "punks", but realize this: I'm a punk that is almost old enough to be your father, and I've been up and down the street a couple of times. While I don't know you well enough to tell if you're a great guy, I can tell you that trying to defend a program of smoke and mirrors as being an effective tool against terrorism makes no sense to me, and it probably makes less sense to the many 121 pilots here.

And thanks, I will check the TSA website so I can print out my right to carry a nail file, so I won't have a problem the next time I go commercial to pick up a plane somewhere.

Last edited:
Timebuilder I apologize. Put yourself in my shoes. Training people for seven weeks in a row, you tend to have some pride in what you do. I am not defending the stupidity but I am defending the screeeners that do their job by the book.

I will always be on the pilots side no matter what. Hopefully things will get better in the months to come.

No problem.

I never have an issue with someone doing their job well. If the job being done is a dog-and-pony show, I get irritated.

I think most pilots resent being treated like a potential virus when they are instead a part of the body which has been attacked.

The trusted traveller card won't come a day too soon for me.

Anyone that thinks that the TSA or any other agency can keep weapons off of airplanes, is living in a fantasy land. It is an impossible task. Just ask a cop or corrections officer if they are able to keep weapons out of prisons. It is impossible to do that, and a prison is much more secure than an airport. Security will just be window dressing until they take it seriously. That will involve profiling people....Screening is still ineffective, it just cost a lot more. The fact that the TSA is larger than the coast guard makes me sick. That money could be much better spent in other "homeland security" projects. Screening rules should not be the same for everyone. As it has been stated thousands of times, i have a sharp lethal weapon next to my seat. Why cant i have a leatherman? It makes no sense. I laugh when grandma get searched every time, and 5 guys that fit the "current profile" do not get searched. How about in PIT, the commendant of West Point's attache got searched. That makes a lot of sense. I was waiting for them to make him take off his uniform insignia because they had sharp metal points on them...or al gore? as much as i dislike him, what a joke....i doubt he is a threat to national security....it is plain and simple....expensive windowdressing

TSA= thousands standing around

Thus far, I only have one serious complaint about the TSA: nine times out of ten, you can't get on the train to south employee parking at DFW because it's jam packed with TSA agents going on or off duty! (They also took away half of my favorite parking lot...but I guess they have to park somewhere.)

"secret squirrel handshake"

I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

If you're really determined it isn't hard to get a social security number that isn't in your name that you were born with, the same with starting a credithistory or even getting credit cards in an 'alias'.
So unless profiling is allowed all of this isn't going to bring a satisfying solution.

Yes, the public might be satisfied but the problem wouldn't be solved. i think we can (and should have, by now) learn a lot from Israeli Airlines like ElAl they have been concerned with this for a little longer than us.
But then again, if the public thinks it's OK..........that's what it is mostly about right???

Hawker rider:

:D You really should paste a copy of your avatar on your company ID! I love it...

Latest resources

Back