Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Future SNA

KILL
Not me, but one of the guys I work with got called yesterday from Comair, some guy named Jeff I think. Anyways, he's been sending them resumes every week since December. He called them once to see what their hiring plans were, then again to ask how competitive he is, 5000TT 800ME, mostly part 91, about 400 135 in the van, and NOW, this Jeff guy calls HIM, asks him "hey, do we have your resume?" Obviosly they do, so he tells my friend, "let me find that and call me in 10 days?" So my question is, what are his chances, he's not the "internet" type, and besides, I want his run if he's leaving................................ah yes, the truth comes out!:rolleyes: I don't figure they'd waste their breath on a phone call if they weren't going to offer him something, or would they? He owns a used car lot also, probably the best thing he could do with someone is get them on the phone to talk, he's a pretty smooth talker.

Last edited:
comair call

i seriously doubt comair would call without having his resume in front of them - how else would they have his number? his times look fine, any of that turbine?

Yeah, you're probably right, they had to at least have it sitting in front of them. Like I put earlier, ~500 of it are turbine in the C-208, but I don't think any of it was multi-turbine. He was a Flight Safety instructor in the 3-400 series Cessna's, so his twin is all recip. I hope he gets at least an interview, I want his domicile, mine sucks. Any other perspectives on this matter, he doesn't read flightinfo, and I told him I'd get some opinions.

comair

the hardest part is getting the interview. in my class of 14, we have 6 airline guys, 5 military, 1 corporate, 1 cargo and 1 academy grad. in general, i'd say they like turbine time and especially EFIS. flying the RJ is easy, but lots of guys have trouble initially getting the hang on the autopilot and the EFIS. he's got good numbers, and once he gets the interview, he's pretty much in as long as he does well on the testing and has a good attitude....

captainv

the call.

the first call you get is a basic " feel you out" kind of thing on the phone. if you pass that then they invite you for an interview....for me it was on the same phonecall.

then thay plan the interview with you. tell you when they have dates open for an interview and you pick one that works for you. and then send you a packet.

and then you go there and bomb the interview. at least the oral portion of it. i was ready for it too however they aparently decided to ask things that i never heard of them asking before. my mind was still on that darn computer test right before the actual interview. i was focused on giving the fastest answer correctly.

i faxed in my resume once....6 months before i got the call. totally forgot about them. i think they just need to get around to your name. you can have a great attitude. its all about if your attitude projects itself as well in the answers you give. i was too much of a freight man at the time to think right....and nervous. first real interview ive ever done.

AirPirateRob,

I have an interview with Comair next week. I'm studying everything I can think of focusing on the gouge on aviationinterviews.com, but I'm very curious to know what type of info and questions in the oral surprised you. Anything is helpful. If you feel more comfortable, PM me, or I can do the same. Thanks in advance!!

Flyhawk

comair interview

Flyhawk,

the technical questions are very, very basic. they are not digging deep on your knowledge of FARs, but like everyone else i overprepared on those. we spent maybe 10 minutes on technical stuff - know how to read a SID, STAR and brief an ILS approach and you're halfway there. the other 10 minutes or so were open-ended HR questions. draw on your own experiences, stress decisions that favor safety and CRM. do an archive search on comair interviews and you'll get all you need. i found the gouge to be 100% accurate, although the interview was easier than i expected....

the interview

flyhawk,

exactly. aviationinterivews is 100 percent on.

the technical is where youll find some slight variances but still know exactly how to brief the approach and read stids and stars and do the whole approach and the little things about it <ISLIP, NY>
they will ask you the technical based on what youve been flying or the work youve been doing up to that point. for me it was freight. so they asked stuff that you typically find in 135.

the variances i found. differences between a CDL and MEL. thiunderstorm avoidance procedures/techniques. theres one over the airport, what to do? its north of it a bit, what to do? wel....fedex got in. are you still gonna hold? etc.

they will pick at the same question for a bit to see what steps you take and how you work at deciding what to do.

be confident, be relaxed, be on your game. it will take less time than you think and will be easier than you think. one thing tho. DO NOT go in thinking the job is yours. thats how aparently alot of comair academy guys dont get in to comair.

good luck

Latest resources

Back