• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair panel falls off in LEX.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to the board, the A/C was one leg out of the ATL hanger.

Someone needs to do a séance on that place. Rid the place of the bad news demons.

It seems as if everything always seems to happen in LEX. The Comair crash, Sarah Mills, this, etc. WHEN WILL IT END?????? THOSE POOR SNOBBY @$$ RICH PEOPLE!!!!!!

Anyone know where Linda Blair lives?

On a SYR nap we were deiced and taxied out and took off. We didn't know at the time but we lost the upper cowling on takeoff (it was found off the runway in the grass, thank God).

When we were accelerating above 10,000 feet I made the comment that the airplane seemed a little sluggish and my first officer who was flying agreed. And, for those of you in the know of premium daze, "if your not clackin your slackin!

So, all was well on the flight and the landing was fine and we taxi in. As we make our turn on to the ramp a Delta 757 asks us, "do you know a panel is missing off your right engine?" Well that answered our sluggish acceleration question and we called ops. We were met by a bunch of ASA folks with cameras.

It was a couple of hours before knew the where abouts of that panel.

But, I don't think we made the news which makes you wonder how some flights do? I have had parts fall off, aborted take offs, weather and mechanical diverts but no news coverage I am aware of. Guess my 15 minutes of fame is reserved for outside aviation! Which I guess is good.

Cheers- Rum

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back