• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair or Skywest? Please help...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So it sounds like if I want to upgrade in the least amount of time at Skywest, and NOT SIT RESERVE FOREVER, I would want to go CRJ instead of the Brazillia if offered the choice, correct?

I wouldn't say that. Right now, the quicker upgrade is to the Brasilia at the 10 month (or less) mark. Upgrades in the jet are running closer to 3 years. If a newhire were to upgrade in either, there would be a considerable amount of reserve time served but I think it would be less in the Brasilia (lower reserve staffing than on the jet side) and since more junior people are getting the Brasilia upgrade to begin with.

Socalplt,

You are wrong. I know the upgrade personally. This pilot has considerable hours and just received the offer to go to the left seat of the Brasilia - without any FO time. Sounds like a lot of senior FOs are concerned about busting in this economy...

"Socalplt,

You are wrong. I know the upgrade personally. This pilot has considerable hours and just received the offer to go to the left seat of the Brasilia - without any FO time. Sounds like a lot of senior FOs are concerned about busting in this economy..."

What is the guy's seniority #??? AS far as I know, SoCal is right. I'm pretty sure that they havn't used EVERYONE on the bid list. I talked to the powers that be yesterday, and upgrade is still going at about 10 months with the last published bid. I'm still waiting for the call, I'm barely on the first page, and there are plenty of people below me on the standing bid list waiting too. As an aside, no one is that worried about busting, it's all about the lifestyle!!!

Mookie

"Socalplt,

You are wrong. I know the upgrade personally. This pilot has considerable hours and just received the offer to go to the left seat of the Brasilia - without any FO time. Sounds like a lot of senior FOs are concerned about busting in this economy..."

What is the guy's seniority #??? AS far as I know, SoCal is right. I'm pretty sure that they havn't used EVERYONE on the bid list. I talked to the powers that be yesterday, and upgrade is still going at about 10 months with the last published bid. I'm still waiting for the call, I'm barely on the first page, and there are plenty of people below me on the standing bid list waiting too. As an aside, no one is that worried about busting, it's all about the lifestyle!!!

Mookie

Well, thanks for all the info guys. It will be interesting once I make the plunge. Looks like they're both good commuters, each with pro and cons. I'm sure I'll make the right decision.

Appreciate the help.

Latest resources

Back