• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair or Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Delta goes into bankruptcy, the Comair goes with them since they are a part of Delta. Comair might also be sold to another airline(Mesa???) or to a private firm. Either way, Comair is not just going to go away.

ilkwamh2 said:
If Delta goes into bankruptcy, the Comair goes with them since they are a part of Delta. Comair might also be sold to another airline(Mesa???) or to a private firm. Either way, Comair is not just going to go away.

Check your sources on part of that statement.

My sources are unreliable...it's whatever I feel like saying at the moment.

dondk said:
We have a "trip value" system, similar to MESA's but not as bad. Most of our trip values are within 5 minutes (+/-) block, some are better some are slighty worse. Back in my days at Mesa, credit was 10-15 minutes less than block, you'd fly 95 hours and get paid for 85 and that was the norm back then.

We also have no trip value legs where you are paid straight block. To get over block pay you need to go over 15 minutes of the trip value.

In a nutshell, depending on the trips you can walk away with some or give some free flying to the company. Last trip I did was 25:15 block, paid 26:55 credit for a trip that was scheduled for 26:33 block. I came in under an extra hour of block.

Not all trips are that way though, some are backwards with 27 block and 26:30 credit, it all depends on where you are flying to.

The only way you make more credit than block is highspeeds, on average your block and credit at this company is close. Most lines are blocked at 86 or better with similar credit, guarantee is 75 hours.

Fly 95 hours and get payed 85? What kind of deal is that? I hope that still doesn't happen at Mesa.

By the way do not make your decision on upgrade time, pinn upgrades may wind up longer than Comair, they are not getting any new aircraft anytime soon, and we are. plus who is hireing that pays better than comair? 70 seater pilots at comair have the same or better pay than 90 seaters at Jet Blue. And the majors when they hire in a few years are not gona take the fresh upgrades they are gona be taking people who have loads of CRJ PIC time.

Hey Doin Time,

Curious, 7.5 hour duty days, 2 legs, home every night, 12-13 days off? Not to say that is not true, but I live in domecile and almost all day trips I have seen in our bid backs are 11-13 hour duty days and min 4 legs. Not to mention that a typical daytrip at Pinnacle turns into a goatfluck if one raindrop or snowflake falls on Michigan. All gates are locked up and you can count on getting home at midnight and coming back at 0900 hours.

It's a toss up if you ask me. You have a weak contract, pay, and QOL at Pinnacle, whereas Comair's future is questionable. You could potentially be a Mesa employee if you choose Comair.

Latest resources

Back