• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR or AIR Whiskey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The sad truth is that the "old" United HR department WOULD have called BE99.... I know individuals with zero PIC called for a United interview, while other individuals with 6000 plus hours, a masters degree, no dui's, etc., who never received a call (after updating the application for years). ..You make the distinction. (I never applied there so it's not sour grapes), discrimination is discrimination, direction is irrelevant.

Errrrrr.......put the brakes on. this thread is getting jacked.

I've been at ZW for just under a year and back to more of what your looking for, it's a good company. Yes the pay SUCKS now for 1st year F/O's and while it was disappointing to see the $36 or so for the 2nd year drop to 32....it's more than I was making at my previous regional at 3rd year pay ( don't flame me I'm not justifing that!!!).

As for reserve now is a good time to get hired here, the class before me sat for a year, mine sat for 9 months, but for these current new hire classes I would say they'll have lines in ORD in under 2 or 3 months.......no room to complain there.

Days off and lines vary in quality month to month, but for the most part have looked good the majority of the time.

I had to make the same decision as to go here or Comair and just ended up wussing out and going with the first one to give me a class date. Both good companies and I have not regretted my choice since. Upgrade was nowhere in sight at my last company and to be honest with you with all the "possible" growth at this company, nothings in stone and I have no idea when that will happen FOR SURE....that being said I'm sure the F/O's at the bottom of the Comair list feel the same.

It all comes down to this, yes things could be a lot better (old contract), but I'm happy here and am walking in letters of reccomendation for friends. I would not steer my friends wrong. Good Luck AD

Last edited:
Why Don't You Quit?

BE99chick,

Why don't you quit if you hate your job so much? If you in fact do hate your job, you should quit and leave the flying to the real aviators. And what exactly is wrong with someone leaving a job so that they can expand their career, fly bigger equipment, and get paid more money? You talk like that's a bad thing.

I was just offered this exact choice today - this has been kind of a crazy year. Comair just called 5 hours ago to see if I wanted to interview and I start at Air Wisconsin on the 8th. Turned down the interview because I want to be in Chicago and get out of the south (Memphis - otherwise known as he11:)). Also with absolutely no time to do anything but train at Air Wisconsin another interview would be nearly impossible.

BE99chick said:
Please...he went to an all Mesa owned "Major".

This is a new Wisconsin, and that's exactly why he left.

Admit it...reserve is bad, the pay is bad, the lines are bad, and the training is bad.

So, are you going to tough it out???

BE99chick,

I left AWAC because of one thing and one thing only and that is when I started in this business I had one goal and that was to fly for a major air carrier. I didn't care who just as long as reached my goal!!! I was never going to spend a career wishing I had tried to reach my final goal. I have also learned that if you use this career as your primary or better your ONLY source of income then you are basically rolling the dice and hoping you don't crap out. I learned that from a long time AWAC pilot that owns a business and flies for AWAC for fun. I now own a business as well and fly A-320's to unwind are you starting to get the picture!!!

AWAC is comprised of MANY MANY fine people from attornies and Cal Berkley grads to engineers and business owners. I enjoyed my time with all of them and will forever cherish the memory.

I don't know anything about an all mesa owned major or bad training, the training dept here at Amwest has been outstanding and I have no complaints. I do hope for your sake that you find INNER PEACE before you self destruct!!!!!!!!!!

Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

WD.

BE99chick,

I like many others failed to understand your reply!!!

WD.

For BE99 Chick--> is this what you meant?:

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on a as a looper at a course over there in the Himalayas. A looper? A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper - a jock. So I tell 'em I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama - himself, the twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald - striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him, I give him the driver, he hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama. Long - into a ten thousand foot crevice right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga - gungala gungala. So, we finish eighteen, and he's gonna stiff me. And I say 'Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort?', you know. And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Nice one Bubba!!!

WD.

Latest resources

Back