Comair not the only airline in the news today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

US Airways has canceled over 180 flights since yesterday. Apparently their FAs have been sick.

They also have a baggage problem in PHL. As much as half of all bags failed to make their flights this holiday season.

Didn't their FAs threaten such action a couple weeks ago? And, after listening to Glenn Beck (The Glenn Beck Radio Program www.glennbeck.com) talk about his experience with the PHL baggage handlers taking anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours to get the bags to the carousel, I'm not surprised.

Hovernut said:
Didn't their FAs threaten such action a couple weeks ago? And, after listening to Glenn Beck (The Glenn Beck Radio Program www.glennbeck.com) talk about his experience with the PHL baggage handlers taking anywhere from 1.5 to 4 hours to get the bags to the carousel, I'm not surprised.
I am glad that POS Glenn Beck had to wait 4 hours for his bags. What a stupid radio show.

sleepy said:
I am glad that POS Glenn Beck had to wait 4 hours for his bags. What a stupid radio show.
Actually, the patriotic, flag-waving, troop supporting, USO benefactor (you know, he and his listeners bought enough ATT phone cards for the troops to call home this Christmas for over 1 MILLION minutes!) Mr. Beck waited only an hour and a half, but saw others waiting longer and even hearing on the intercom, "due to the pay cut, your baggage will be delayed..."

Hey, Sleepy, how much static do you have to listen to on the ADF before you pick up the faint signal of "The O'Franken Factor?"

I know I wouldn't hire any FA who destroyed their own company.Today 01:34

The FA's are not destroying the company. Management has done a wonderful job all on their own. Maybe, just maybe you'll be fortunate enough to not get hired by a company who wants to destroy your career expectations.

You can hardly blame this company going tits up on the FAs. Their sickout may have helped nail the coffin shut. But this company has had one foot in the grave for about 31/2 years. Sickout or no sickout.

Im sure the employees are sick of being dumped on again and again by inept mgmt.

kngarthur said:
They also need to understand that this is a free market economy, and that being a FA is an easily replacable skill. And this "entitlement" mentality is going to crumble!!!!!!
Some people can make this same argument about the pilot profession now. You know what I mean?

I wonder if it has come to management's attention that treating their employees with respect may actually help in the long run?

kngarthur,

Have you ever been in a position where you have taken pay cut after pay cut after pay cut while your management has taken raise after raise after raise while they ran "insert your company here" into the ground??? If not than I don't think you can empathize with these flight attendants. It is kind of like if you were an abused spouse and you decided enough is enough I am outta here! This profession is getting the GPWS "whoop whoop pull up" right now and it is time for EVERYONE to support each other before it is too late! I stand by the flight attendants and wish everyone at Airways the best of luck in these hard times. Merry Christmas and God Bless, shafted

Latest resources

Back