Comair Newhires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

750driver

Can anyone tell me what the initial training situation is for recent Comair newhires? Specifically, I am interested in answers to the following questions:

[1] - Does the company cover hotel during initial training. If not, what options are available in CVG?

[2] - What is the pay during training (If any)? Any incidental expenses that should be expected?

[3] - How many weeks does initial CRJ training run? Any delay from checkride to IOE?

Although I worked for a large Regional several years ago, situations do change over time. I thought it would be best to get some feedback from those of you that are recent newhires. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

750driver

info

first 10 days of training in hotel, then you are on your own. Training is about 2 months if you have no delays, expect delays with all the hiring. The pay is 250 a week minus health ins., uniforms, jepps binders, ect. Weekends off during training, no jumpseating or nonrev for first 30 days. expect to sit on reserve for sometime with 10 days off per month, only six can't be changed, expect the other four to be moved around and taken one at a time. reserve call out is 1.5 hrs, expect to be in CVG alot.
I would move here for at least the first year. Good luck.

Comair will hire United pilots and they do not have to give up number, "case by case" call HR and they will explain.

Hey 750,

When I got the job last month they said first 7 days in a hotel and $230 per week while in training. No jump seating for 30 is correct, although passes were supposedly available. 10 days off a month on reserve and goes to 11 in April. They also said 36 new aircraft this year and around 500 new pilots. That was suppose to equate to 6-8 months on reserve from date of hire. It's good to be employed again soon.

Terry

Health Insurance

Is health insurance provided as of your date of hire? How much was the hotel room per week (in other words, how much of your $250/week went towards your hotel room/living expenses). Do you get paid every two weeks during training? Since there are no jumpseat privledges for the first 30 days, then I presume that one could not travel home on a weekend off? Sorry, for all the questions, I am a furloughed CoEx guy and things are somewhat different in training practices.

Re: Health Insurance

MJEPilot said:
Is health insurance provided as of your date of hire? How much was the hotel room per week (in other words, how much of your $250/week went towards your hotel room/living expenses). Do you get paid every two weeks during training? Since there are no jumpseat privledges for the first 30 days, then I presume that one could not travel home on a weekend off? Sorry, for all the questions, I am a furloughed CoEx guy and things are somewhat different in training practices.

The health insurance kicks in after 30 days as well as the term pass. As for traveling home on the weekends, you are NOT expected to stay in CVG. They were very good about writing passes for folks in my class to go home. As for the room expenses, it is assumed that you will get into a crashpad fairly quickly. There are numerous postings in the crewroom for openings. Not only are there COMAIR folks there, but Delta and DHL also. And yes, you get paid every two weeeks. However, if you want to do direct deposit, it takes 2 pay periods to kick in.

Latest resources

Back