Comair moves to LGA and ACA out?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetLee

Just heard a rumor that Comair was moving in to LGA and planning more action out of JFK too to some 39 cities all in all. Hear the reason was Delta wants to let ACA concentrate on thier other hubs and spread the wealth for Comair. Anyone else hear that?

Yup. We got a memo, it starts in September, I believe. Comair is taking over most of LGA flights, and ACA is going to do a lot more out of CVG.

The one thing they didn't say is where they are going to park all of those FRJ's. I don't think we have much room here in Cinci.

Now for the rumors. The latest is that we will be going to SLC and LAX soon. Just remember, this is only a rumor. Thanks for listening.

Not rumor - fact.

From ACA side, closing LGA base with phase out starting October 1 and out of there by November 1, 2002. Company basically wants all assets (people and planes) in CVG as per request from DCI.

DCI wants ACA to fly the Dork on smaller, short haul routes where operating a CRJ is not profitable. Company has told us not to expect long hauls "that the airplane was not designed for".

ACA runs 30 Dorks under Delta colors. 20 will be in CVG, 10 in BOS.

Our rumor mill also says something about SLC flying but I highly doubt that would happen. SDD is a Comair pilot. I, unfortunately, am an ACA pilot where management decisions are made by flipping coins and consulting tea leaves. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

Salt Lake

In a recent visit by our Pres to an upgrade class, Mr Skip himself stated that Delta is looking at puting ASA into Salt Lake. We are suposedly going to have 3000 pilots, and 186 aircraft by 2005 with the Salt Lake City hub well in place. Presently we have 1450 pilots and not sure about the aircraft number. I am not sure what Delta's plans are for Comair. If you look at the thread "Boyd on Delta Restructuring", you will see reference to this exact subject. The industry is in a metamorphosis and Delta is deffinitley leading the pack. I just wonder how long the Delta mainline guys are going to let this expansion continue? I am hoping that our expansion will lead to a great mainline expansion and a healthy Delta.;)

ASA in SLC

I sincerely hope this comes to pass...but I gotta tell you, I've been hearing "we're going to Salt Lake" every month since I got hired four years ago! (I'll believe it when I see it on the bid sheet.)

Tim47ISP

I just wonder how long the Delta mainline guys are going to let this expansion continue? I am hoping that our expansion will lead to a great mainline expansion and a healthy Delta.

I didn't realize that the mainline pilots dictate company policy and corporate strategy.

rjcap said:
Tim47ISP

I didn't realize that the mainline pilots dictate company policy and corporate strategy.

No, but there is a percentage limit to flying done by other than ML Delta pilots. Its in our contract, sorry it is not in yours.

NYRANGERS

No, but there is a percentage limit to flying done by other than ML Delta pilots. Its in our contract, sorry it is not in yours

Sorry, but we exceeded that restriction months ago.

Doesn't look like we really need that in our contract.

rjcap said:
Tim47ISP

Neither does anyone else, except of course ALPA and the mainline pilots themselves.

Latest resources

Back