Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair motion to prevent pilot strike extended til the 9th.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe you guys should do something about it. I keep hearing you call for stuff in CVG and ATL. Don't blame us for your 4 year negotiations.

??? Blame you? Geez thin skin? I didn't blame you. I said our management is stalling and hoping all y'all cave.

But you're right that we need to take action. As said our pilots are a bunch of wussies who won't stick their necks out. THATs why we don't have a contract.

I'm still relatively new to the airline world so I pose a question to the great knowledge of FI.com, if the judge says that we can't strike what stops us from doing so? Is it criminal that we do? Will the cops come to our homes and arrest us for not showing up to work? I'm not great on labor contracts and such so I was just wondering.

1. CMR pilots rock! They proved to everyone in '01 what they are made of and I'm proud to wear the same battle star over my ALPA wings as they do.

2. Technically, you can be arrested for "striking" if a court enjoins a strike. It would be a contempt of court warrant. Of course, to get to that point the judge would have to believe that you personally fomented or participated in a strike in violation of his/her injunction. That would probably take some pretty public activities on your part, such as giving a TV interview where you declare that you're on strike....or carrying a picket sign that proclaimed you were on strike.

The court cannot prevent you from walking off your job, but you'd have to sever your employer:employee relationship with your company.

Go ahead walk off, the cockpits will fill with 60-65 year old guys who don't want to be Walmart greeters and 250 hour wonders that just wana fly a jet!

Go ahead walk off, the cockpits will fill with 60-65 year old guys who don't want to be Walmart greeters and 250 hour wonders that just wana fly a jet!

Hey "Captain" Scott, have they let you fly without an instructor yet? What will you do when you get sent back to the line and your seniority can only hold junior FO? I can't wait to have you in my right seat biotch!

??? Blame you? Geez thin skin? I didn't blame you. I said our management is stalling and hoping all y'all cave.

But you're right that we need to take action. As said our pilots are a bunch of wussies who won't stick their necks out. THATs why we don't have a contract.

CAVE...that is the wrong word. They are trying to force it upon us in BK. Then they are trying to block us from striking. Where in that could we cave?

Well CMR ALPA defined struck work today. It is the flight schedule as of Feb 1, 2007.

Don't worry, that'll change two more times!

Of course the judge won't let Comair pilots strike.

There are other ways to bring the company to it's knees.

Fly by the book. STRICTLY by the book.

Of course, then they'll fire a few pilots as an example, but you either capitulate or fight.

My guess, is this will be another Mesaba/Northwest, etc.

The pilots will crumble, bitch a little and move on.

Curious who the next airline management is who will like the perfect track record for such moves and join the party.

Could even be mine.

5 years from now, there will not be ANY decent paying regional jobs. Just about 6-10 Mesa's to choose from.

Well CMR ALPA defined struck work today. It is the flight schedule as of Feb 1, 2007.

Where is this published? It needs to go out to all the DCI carriers.

Of course the judge won't let Comair pilots strike.

There are other ways to bring the company to it's knees.

Fly by the book. STRICTLY by the book.

Of course, then they'll fire a few pilots as an example, but you either capitulate or fight.

My guess, is this will be another Mesaba/Northwest, etc.

The pilots will crumble, bitch a little and move on.

Curious who the next airline management is who will like the perfect track record for such moves and join the party.

Could even be mine.

5 years from now, there will not be ANY decent paying regional jobs. Just about 6-10 Mesa's to choose from.

Well said.

Latest resources

Back