• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair MEC asks for change...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would they be doing that NOW? Hmmmmmm. It is a tad bit late, but I guess it is better than not doing it. Good for them....?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Why would they be doing that NOW? ............

Bye Bye--General Lee

DALPA has finally realized that the Delta pilots are going to have increase their overall flying hours in the next round of negotiations besides other things which in turn means more furloughs are coming and reacalls in 2010?

DALPA has probably called ComALPA and asked to "save" jobs within the Delta family. It is about time the Union realizes it will be time to fight another day but for now at least keep as many current pilots employed as possible.

This will then be good for Comair down the road since these (Delta) pilots will eventually leave once recalled (maybe 5 years from now) and Comair can replace them with cheaper new hires therefore reducing overall employee costs.

Looks like a win, win for everyone......too bad it took so long.

General Lee said:
Why would they be doing that NOW? Hmmmmmm. It is a tad bit late, but I guess it is better than not doing it. Good for them....?

Bye Bye--General Lee
You say it's a tad bit late but how many furloughed guys took advantage of the offer by ASA three years ago? Weren't there something like all of SIX guys? I don't think it would have made a material difference then or now...it's pure symbolism. If it's true, I've got no beef with Delta guys working at Comair and I felt that way from the beginning. I know we've had our differences but you have to pick your battles and I thought that not pushing to hiring DAL furloughees was the wrong one to pick.

Actually I think the number of furloughed Delta guys and gals currently flying at ASA is closer to twenty. I've flown with three of them and met two others.

AT7^DRIVER said:
Actually I think the number of furloughed Delta guys and gals currently flying at ASA is closer to twenty. I've flown with three of them and met two others.

Sorry for the mistake but I think the idea is the same. Nevertheless, I say welcome aboard if it happens.

Still, it's no matter really. Until Randy calls the girls in HR and tells them the policy is changed, then they will continue to do what is/was/always been Comair company policy reguarding hiring pilots from other airlines.

While I agree that the MEC should have done this a long time ago, it's still just a window dressing. The MEC has no control over this policy.

I'm glad we made this gesture, as the pissing contest between DALPA and CALPA is getting kinda old.

JetPilot_Mike said:
While I agree that the MEC should have done this a long time ago, it's still just a window dressing. The MEC has no control over this policy. .
You're right, the CMR MEC had no control over this policy, however, a public "we don't support the hiring of furloughed DAL pilots" was what the issue was about!

JetPilot_Mike said:
I'm glad we made this gesture, as the pissing contest between DALPA and CALPA is getting kinda old.
Mike:
I sure hope you're right. There is enough animosity between labor and mgmt. We need to focus our collective anger at the true enemy, management!
regards,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back