Comair MEC asks for change...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9rj9

in Comair's policy regarding hiring furloughed Delta pilots. News just out on VARs.

I bet this is just the start of better relations on the path to one airline, or at least the attempt. You don't get something for nothing.

cl65capt said:
Would have been a nice to see this a year and a half ago when the ASA pilots did it.
ASA pilots didn't do anything. ASA policy did not require new hires to resign seniority.

3 years later, durring a recall

800-441-3745. There must be speculation that we will give up on the 70 seat limit, with strings. Furloughed pilots would go with the aircraft, so now Comair wants to make sure they will be able to get some of the 70 seaters. J4J is proving to be a disaster, I sure hope neither side tries this route.

This would have helped 3 years ago, I think it's too late now. Maybe our MEC and pilot groups are moving in a new direction of working together, but I highly doubt it.

It thought the Comair pilots would "burn the house down" if they had to fly with furloughed Delta pilots. I would have respected comair more if they had just stuck to their original policy. Changing it 3 years later and durring our recall and possible 500 more retirements is an insult.

Last edited:
crjdxr said:
Yes. Very distinctive cadence and tone.
I took that part out of my post. I hear from some of my comair friends that he is a really good guy, I do love the voice though!:)

NYRANGERS said:
I took that part out of my post. I hear from some of my comair friends that he is a really good guy, I do love the voice though!:)
I noticed that! After I made my post, of course.

He is a really good guy. He is one of the most professional and polite crewmembers we get to work with.

I'll step out now and let you pilot types duke it out. ;)

He always talks like that on the VARS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back