Comair Interview, Difficult to get???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MJEPilot

Just wondering if it is difficult to get an interview with Comair these days. I know that pre-Sept. 11 they would interview 10-15 people every week or two weeks, what is the case now?

I've had a resume in from right after 9/11, which was on my pre-9/11 timeline. Should have been more aggressive.

They are currently sorting through the guys they sent home from training last year (training department reorg following the strike) and off-the-street RJ guys from places like Midway. I have two Comair pilots that I fly with in a USMC reserve unit that are dogging the hiring staff and I just received a voice mail from one yesterday. The hiring manager reviewed my package with my bud standing there and said I might get a call next month (Feb), but that I was definitely in the running and to be patient.

My specs:

4000 TT, 750 Airplane (rest military helo), 600 ME turbine (mainly King Air time), ATP MEL, CFI SEL, experimental test pilot, retire from USMC end of May, available for training 10 Mar, LOR from Comair Captain and senior FO, two great guys going to bat for me every time they hit Cincy.

So I think that this all means that an interview is a bit harder to come by now than last year. IMO however, worth the wait. Stable company, growing, labor dispute behind them, loads are up, lines expanding (Delta guys please hold the final protective fire). My two compadres are loving being there.

You might want to check into Piedmont. I just got an invite from them to interview later this month. Hiring fewer but they are doing it now, and everyone I've been able to speak with about them thinks they are good to go to as well. Sent them my resume just before the New Year when I heard they were interviewing (another error on my part, too reactive- I should have had one on file with them last fall).

Good luck.

Try Piedmont. They called me two weeks after I sent my resume in and have an interview later this month. I sent Comair my resume twice and not heard from them. I worked for Comair in customer service for 3 years and as a dispatcher for one year. My times are 1500TT 850 ME.

Good Luck!

I think Comair got caught a bit behind on it's current hiring cycle. They are way short of pilots, due to the 700's coming this summer, the new 40 seaters we are purchasing, and the july implementation of 10 days off to 11 for reserves. In other words, Comair is going to hire a bunch of people, and they are just a bit slow to get it going. Keep trying, and be patient. Honestly, I used to work for Piedmont, and I wouldn't go there. Good luck to all.

To get an interview.......

A couple of buddies of mine have interviews with Comair. They said that Comair is only asking people to interview if they make the effort to call HR after you send them a resume. It shows dedication. It must work since these pilots lack the experience that most of the pilot pool out there has.

Climbto410,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I question the accuracy of your statement below:

" They said that Comair is only asking people to interview if they make the effort to call HR after you send them a resume. It shows dedication. It must work since these pilots lack the experience that most of the pilot pool out there has. "

I did precisely that, called H.R. and was forwarded to the recruiter's phone. After leaving voicemail, no return call was ever received. I seriously doubt that Comair is focusing primarily on pilots that make this call, regardless of experience level. No personal offense intended, but this doesn't make much sense.

750driver

I'll just add my recent Comair contact to the list and maybe it will help someone. I called Comair before faxing them a resume last week. I talked to John Smith, I don't know his position, HR/recruiting, but I originally got his number from them calling me about a year ago when I expressed interest in an e-mail to them. He told me to fax the resume, Attn; Sharon Jones, and call him back in a month at which time he should have my resume on his desk. He said I could probably expect a March interview with my Nov avail date. So now I just sit here and study my Gliem and read everything I can find about them. I hope this helps.

The last regional I got hirred with said, "No Phone calls." I got the interview and got hired. I also got offers at two other regionals after I got furloughed from the first one mentioned w/o calling them. Right now with comair, it appears you need big time to get on with them or some serious connections.

My Opinion.

Latest resources

Back