• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

COMAIR Hub

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There seems to be many rumors floating around about which city will be the next domicile, if there is one. Until it happens, I wouldn't plan my life around. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see another one open on the east coast some where....personally, I like the west coast rumor....but once again, rumors....

In the last 6 mos I've heard DFW,DCA,LGA,BOS,SLC,&LAX......also heard that MCO was coming back......and that's from the admissions people at CAA. I believe the news of a new base opening up when CMR announces it!

A hub is a city that an airline flies a number of flights out of, and uses the hub to connect passengers to it's other flights. A crewbase is a place where pilots and flight attendants are based. Comair will shortly be flying to all Delta hubs, but still has only one crewbase. If this changes, I'm sure it will be big news and you will hear about it shortly after.

Historically (sp?), when an airline opens a hub, a crew base soon follows. Which one will become the next crew base is anyone's guess at this point.

Consider this:

1. CMR will fly to SBA through SLC, effective 1 Jan 03.

2. American Eagle operates Delta Connection service from LAX to five Southern California cities, including SBA.

3. Prior to the strike, ops notes included a note about how DAL asked CMR to establish operations out of LAX. Comair said no because they didn't have the airplanes or crews to staff it.

Next guess?

Fly safe!

Slim
You may be right about LAX or not. Either way it wont be a turn key operation. That I am aware of use, Eagle fills the Saab with pax from obviously AA, also COA and DAL. Perhaps even others that I am not aware of. Thats to fill a 30ish seat aircraft. Unless DAL has great ideas about California they might have a problem finding enuff paying folks to make it worthwhile.

Latest resources

Back