• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it possible Skywest might be looking at Comair. They made an offer for XJ. And who knows maybe they will take a look at Eagle. They have hinted, that their looking to expand, and possible add another code share.

But ASA is gearing down their training, and announced no more classes for new hires or upgrades.....

That part of it does not make sense.

I won't bet my mother-n-law's Mother's Day card on the ASA thing. Just part of the whole that I heard.

Comair, on the other hand, is gearing up for something. What that is yet to materialize. We'll just have to wait and see.

But ASA is gearing down their training, and announced no more classes for new hires or upgrades.....

That part of it does not make sense.

I think you know darn well that could change at the drop of a hat. ASA is still interviewing and hiring into the pool. They have people ready to go to class for some good reason. Gearing up the training department isn't a big deal. Most of the training guys I've talked to lately don't have much going on anyways.

Is it possible Skywest might be looking at Comair. They made an offer for XJ. And who knows maybe they will take a look at Eagle. They have hinted, that their looking to expand, and possible add another code share.
Doubtful on Comair...Uncle Jerry and the Kool-Aid Gang have already stated "...Consolidation in Delta is not one we would have an interest in". More DL and more 50 seaters just ain't on the agenda if it can be avoided.

Eagle...I think everyone is waiting for AMR's divestiture of Eagle (not to mention the financial health of American) to see what happens before making any decisions regarding American Eagle flying.

I have been hearing the same sort of rumors around Comair as of late. Hiring will pick up but the company has not really said why. Attrition would have to be slowing down with age 65 and no airlines hiring. Something is certainly going on behind the scenes at comair.

June bid packet says hiring going on for attrition and POSSIBLE growth. How does a company hire for POSSIBLE growth? They just feel that they might want to grow so they hire. WTF??

If I had to guess, I would bet ASA and Comair are filling in where Freedom will be forced out. I believe Delta may own the CRJ-900s that Freedom flies and I could see those being reassigned to us, but this is just me guessing.

Last edited:
actually, we're not "getting" 7 more airframes. We're just not losing as many as previously announced. Soaper might call that growth, but I don't.

but hey, i'll take good news anywhere I can, seeing as how CMR is 1/3rd smaller than it was a few years ago.

My sentiments exactly, growth is a garbage word. Until Comair starts adding airframes on top of the 2003 number (175+), growth should never be confused with recovery. Losing 60-70 aircraft due to bankruptcy and other regional vultures is a huge loss. Yeah a few planes stay at Comair here and there, woopteedoo. Randy, Fred, Don and now John have done nothing short of driving this puppy straight into a shallow and suffocating grave. Well done gentlemen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back