Comair has set the standard once again!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

debo007

Thanks to Comair the Salt Lake City ATIS (which was already painfully long) is even longer. Someone apparantly headed right for the mountains on the TCH 8 which is a vector sid, so now we have to listen to the ATIS every day for like the past year say :" ATTENTION ALL AIRCRAFT THE SALT LAKE 8 DEP IS A RADAR VECTOR DEPARTURE, blah blah blah.

Nothing new. Eventually one of them will land gear up and everyone else will be forced to fly around gear down.

;)

debo007 said:

Nothing new. Eventually one of them will land gear up and everyone else will be forced to fly around gear down.

;)

No, they'll probably just make us mount a very large, very ugly, view-obstructing device on the glareshield that whistles any time your shoulder harnesses are on and the gear is up. The 'new' Comair box.

(ducking)

I'm not a big fan of Comair but they don't deserve the blame for this one. The problem with the SLC 8 departure was caused by Aeromexico departing and going off on their own to join on course, without ATC authorizing it. The departure is a vector SID. Got the story straight from SLC Departure.

debo007 & katanabob

Cheap shots. You can't compensate for the guilt feelings about your contractual faux pas via unfounded attempts at professional slander. All you're really doing is proving what we already suspected. Tacky.

_______

Thanks for posting the more accurate information, Erlanger.

BTW, I AM a big fan of Comair.

Yet another premier example of how Comair excels in the DCI system.

You really do deserve more pay you know......NOT!

surplus1 said:
debo007 & katanabob

Cheap shots. You can't compensate for the guilt feelings about your contractual faux pas via unfounded attempts at professional slander. All you're really doing is proving what we already suspected. Tacky.

1. Give me a break. I forgot this was a 'serious' board, where humor is strictly regulated.

2. slan·der (slndr) n.
1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a
person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.

For that statement to be slanderous, it must first be false. Nowhere in my admittedly lame attempt at humor is there a statement of fact. There is, however, an assumption--that anyone who has flown a Brasilia is familiar with the so-called "Comair Box". (Which, IIRC whistles when you are at less than 170 knots in icing conditions)

For a re-examination of fact, however, I give you the rest of the story.

On Jan. 9th, 1997, a Brasilia (Comair 3272) crashed near Detroit, killing 29. An excerpt from the NTSB report:

"Contributing to the accident were the flightcrew’s decision to operate in icing conditions near the lower margin of the operating airspeed envelope (with flaps retracted), and Comair’s failure to establish and adequately disseminate unambiguous minimum airspeed values for flap configurations and for flight in icing conditions."

Unfounded? No. Slander? No. What is it that you already suspected?

3. faux pas.
1. False remark
2. A social blunder; error in etiquette: Tactless act or remark

If you would, please enlighten me as to what portion of our contract you deign to imply is so impolite and tactless as to make me feel guilty. I don't understand the implication.

Interested parties can receive *free* definitions at dictionary.com.

embraerdriver said:
Yet another premier example of how Comair excels in the DCI system.

You really do deserve more pay you know......NOT!

What an A Hole!!! Exactly the type of idiot that fosters the race to the bottom...............

It's sad to see fellow fly guys show their dark side! Resulting to an abhort bald-faced prevarication not only shows one's disreguard for the facts it also points out personality traits unbecoming an officer and a gentleman...er person.

All I have to say is "nah-nanny boo-boo what bounces off me lands on you"!!!!!:D

When did the Comair incident happen. I was flying out in SLC four months ago, and that message was on the ATIS. I assumed at the time that it was intended for Skywest pilots, I don't think Comair was even flying to SLC back then.

Latest resources

Back