Comair Growth?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

weeks

I am currently flying for a 121 carrier and considering a move to Comair. I know its a great company to work for and that's what interests me. I've heard about the new bases, planes and increased demand for pilots, but I'm trying to make an educated decision here. Anyone care to briefly explain how STABLE (I know that's a bad word in this industry) the company is now and will be in the future. I'd hate to jump ship from my current job, only to find myself in a new predicament. PM me if you work for Comair, I'd really appreciate any info. I've got an interview coming up. This is a **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** tough decision but I love to shake things up in my life.

Make a list of airlines and how much they lost in the first quarter and go to a regional that flies for the airline that has the lowest losses and is not in BK!

Good advice but it works from the other side too...look at the legacy carriers that are parking their 73s and DC9s and adding more RJs to replace them.

IMHO, look who pays the most immediately and has a 401K. Being a pilot is becomming much more like being in management--forget about pensions and every few years you now must evaluate where a better job may be.

Just my .02 no rip on any airline or pilot group.

Last edited:
Comair is growing alright, they got a whole 10 used airplanes for the concessions while ASA, who refused the RFP got 32 new RJ's, way to go Comair.........

Um, you conveniently are forgetting the 25 70 seaters that will be added between now and 2008. 35 aircraft were part of the two year wage freeze. (10 50 seaters and 25 70 seaters = 35)

Comair is growing alright, they got a whole 10 used airplanes for the concessions while ASA, who refused the RFP got 32 new RJ's, way to go Comair.........

How many ATRs are you losing?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back