Comair gets bent again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
paid4training vbmenu_register("postmenu_1274697", true); ,

Enlighten me, what does a Comair employee gate agent have to do with a Delta employee gate agent?

One works for Delta Airlines, one works for Comair Airlines.
They each have different work rules.
They each have different pay scales.
The Comair gate agent gets a paycheck with Comair on it.
The Delta gate agent get a paycheck with Delta on it.

And now the Delta employee gets a bonus and the Comair employee does not.

So it is stupid to say that they are not brothers and sisters, employed together under the Delta banner? They are separate and not equal.

The companies may be connected and attached through an ownership and subsiderary relationship, but the employee groups share nothing together ... just ask a Delta pilot about a Comair pilot.

It is that attitude that has us in the position we are today. DAL plays both groups (same company) against each other. They make both sides hate each other and blame each other for making the problems which are solely the result of management. But management just laughs its way to the bank. If they would work together they would be a lot stronger.

It is that attitude that has us in the position we are today. DAL plays both groups (same company) against each other. They make both sides hate each other and blame each other for making the problems which are solely the result of management. But management just laughs its way to the bank. If they would work together they would be a lot stronger.

The same can be said for ALPA

I love how a company that in BK can hand out $14.5 mil in bonuses. Maybe the pilots should take that to a judge and have managements bonuses thrown out.

So what your saying is that Delta owns Comair but has no affiliation?

No, I think it's rather more insidious than that. It seems to me that Comair is part of Delta, when it's convenient for Delta. When it's not, Comair magically becomes a "separate entity".

Latest resources

Back