Comair Current Empoyees/Interns to Pilot Position

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Does anyone know if Comair reduces the pilot requirements from 1200 TT/200 ME to 500TT/100ME for past interns or current employees (for example, a CSA).

I know that Eagle and XJT reduce their requirements from 1000 TT/100-200ME to 500TT/100ME for current employees and previous interns, and so I was wondering about Comair

Thanks in advance!:D

From what I've been told, I don't think so. I do believe they will give preferential interviewing and possible hiring (not sure about that one however) to past employees. I've flown with a few former Comair flight attendants who are now pilots. Keep flying and building time!! It'll happen...:)

I talked to an ASA intern in FLL last week, and he said he needed 300 total and 50 ME to get the job when he finishes school. I almost shot Starbucks out of my nose when I heard that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Flyer1015 said:
Does anyone know if Comair reduces the pilot requirements from 1200 TT/200 ME to 500TT/100ME for past interns or current employees (for example, a CSA).

Thanks in advance!:D

Only for one person. And that person is the one known as:

THE GUAT!!

GUAT ??? :confused:

So ASA does 350 TT / 50 ME ? Yikes, that's pretty low. 500/100 seems to be what XJE and AE stick with for interns and current employees.

I'm guessing Comair wouldn't ally 350/50... but more like 500/100.

I bet Comair would give you a shot with 1200/200, which would probably be considered low time for them. I don't think too many people actually get hired with times like that. Help me out CMR guys?

tk

Mike in HR called me last night for an interview for next week. I am not sure if there are more airplanes on the horizon or if this is just to fill attrition. My hours are north of 2000/400.

As a former intern at ASA I got hired at less than 300 TT and about 100 multi. They don't have any published mins for interns. It just depends on if they need people or not. However you need to be able to pass the same interview that everyone else does so that can weed out some of the applicants.

tk855 said:
I bet Comair would give you a shot with 1200/200, which would probably be considered low time for them. I don't think too many people actually get hired with times like that. Help me out CMR guys?

tk

" I don't think too many people actually get hired with times like that. "

I'm assuming you're not counting DCA "graduates" ? I was under the impression they could get on with anywhere from 700-1000 TT.

It's my understanding that Comair will give preferential interviewing to current employees, but will not lower the 1200/200 requirement. A friend of mine had to wait until he had 1200/200 then had to jump through a lot of hoops to get the interview. Apparently, they did not want to train someone else for his position in the Kremlin so they made it difficult for him to get an interview. Through persistence, he got the call.

I beleive the DCA grads can get hired with 1000/100. Not sure if the mins are lowered for interns.
C425Driver

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back