Comair BK Claim Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, just the opposite.

The losses/damages are estimated only over a four year period (the "written" life of the contract).

A Captain with X years making $100,000/year who takes a 12% pay cut will lose $12,000/year would incur "greater" damages than an FO with X years making $30,000/year who takes a 8% pay cut and loses $2,400 a year. Over the four year period the Captain's damage award would be $48,000 while the FO's damage award would be $9,600.

If the TA passes, the payout would, more than likely, follow something simular to the above method, or so I'm hearing.

Your above example doesn't take category into consideration. It's possible that some CR7 FO's have greater damages than some CRJ Captains, since -200 guys will take a 7.5% cut and -700 guys will take a 13% cut.

Jeckel,

Thanks for the info. I didn't really expect anything out if this but I thought it was prudent to ask. I've moved on to greener pastures and I'm happy where I'm at. I'm glad all my colleagues and friends still at Comair are at least going to recoup a small portion of their losses.

Latest resources

Back