• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Columbia Sportswear

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, they do. Hawker 800 at HIO. I have heard rumors that they are upgrading to a Falcon 2000, but that's only a rumor.

Yeah, he does. Here's the skinny. There are four pilots up here and two of them are looking for work.

The rumor is founded. They are taking delivery of a 2000EX/EZ next year.

Dinger said:
Yeah, he does. Here's the skinny. There are four pilots up here and two of them are looking for work.

The rumor is founded. They are taking delivery of a 2000EX/EZ next year.

You say "up-here"....
Do you mean "up here" as in you are a Coloumbia SW employee?
...or "up-here" in Portland?
...or "up-here" on this board?

...I guess I'll be shooting over a resume...anyone know who to forward it to?

Thanks again-

Z

I think my old friend Dinger means "up here in Portland." As far as I know, Columbia has two pilots.

You can send them a resume if you want, but I doubt it will get you very far. Most corporate jobs go to people known by the current crew. The current Columbia pilots (like most corporate pilots) have no shortage of friends, acquaintances, and former co-workers from previous jobs who they might turn to, in the unlikely event they have an opening any time soon.

A word of advice: sending resumes out willy-nilly to corporate operators most likely won't accomplish very much. You need to get in a position to meet people in the corporate world. Or, at least make some calls and try to meet people in person, and ask for their advice on how to proceed.

But mass-mailed resumes generally go straight into the trash, at most corporate operators I've been around.

I'd try for a job at a 135 operator in the Portland area, if you really want to move to corporate. You will meet lots of people, and have a much better shot at finding a decent position.

There are very few quality Portland corporate jobs, and there are quite a few high-time guys looking at the moment-- people who already have the connections. So the competition is pretty fierce.

Z_Pilot said:
You say "up-here"....
Do you mean "up here" as in you are a Coloumbia SW employee?
...or "up-here" in Portland?
...or "up-here" on this board?

...I guess I'll be shooting over a resume...anyone know who to forward it to?

Thanks again-

Z

Latest resources

Back