Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jacksjj

In thrust we trust.
I am a current 121 FO, looking for something on the Corporate/Charter/Private side in Denver and the surrounding area. I am brand new to the area, and have no leads whatsoever. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

~3500TT
~3000Turbine
~2500Multi
~CL600, EMB170, and BE30 experience.

Reality check. . .

You're an airline pilot, you don't know the area, you don't know anybody in the area, you're looking for a change into a career where almost all of the 100 (unemployed) applicants for the 3 jobs are from the area and do know somebody. It doesn't hurt to throw applications and resumes to people but how can you possibly expect good leads on FI with the current circumstances?

Just so my post isn't condemned as being harsh or flame or what-have-you. . .my advice is start knocking on doors. Any door at any airport will do. You have to start somewhere getting to know people. It's the only way into corporate aviation, at least for jobs that are worth a sh!t.

Good luck.

colorado was hard before the economy turned south.

i know of a few airplanes that have been sold. i haven't heard of anyone looking for people.

good luck.

I just help I guy find an apartment who relocated to SoCal from Co because of the job situation.

Good luck in your search!

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't lead with the 121 FO thing. Most corporate flight dept's sh!tcan that one immediately.

Hate to say it, but I wouldn't lead with the 121 FO thing. Most corporate flight dept's sh!tcan that one immediately.

That's a shortsighted and naive way to cull the resume pile, but I suppose its as effective as any...

Well it doesn't matter if you lead with it, it will be quite obvious when the last employer on your resume is [insert 121 commuter here].

Good luck, its a tough road right now.

I dunno about round filing the 121 guys/gal's resumes right out of the gate, my experience has been most operators will give them a shot at an interview and those who interview well will get bumped up the list.

We had a well rounded group at "T". Good mix of corporate, airline and military. Unfortunately, the RJ Mafia got the boot!
Focus your resume towards customer/owner service. They know 121 training so they know they have someone with a good verifiable background.
As you know, the market is pretty thin and would I highly suggest looking outside of Colorado for a job. Check out my current position, I am not kidding. And, I was PIC current in two corporate aircraft types.
Cheers- Rum

I'm part of the Colorado Corporate Aviation world and I can confirm that it is a pretty difficult market to break into. It's a numbers game really...there just are not all that many corporate aviation departments here. As with any other part of the country, there have been aircraft sold, department cut backs, departments have relocated and some have closed. There are a handful of guys that I know personally and are well known in the community here still looking for a job.

The 121 thing isn't that big of an issue from my point of view. There are a couple of departments, ours included that have hired 121 guys and like the training, CRM and otherwise that come with a 121 guy. The biggest issue is being "unknown." Most want a known candidate for a position. We hired a 121 guy, he had corporate experience and is a long time friend of mine. We could have hired someone typed and current, but where more concerned about what type of person we where hiring.

Personally I think hiring is probably the hardest thing in corporate aviation. At this level of aviation almost everyone can fly a plane, but you can't teach personality. So much of what we do goes beyond flying the plane...and that's what you are really hiring for.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest resources

Back