Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BizPilot

Corporate Dudes,

What do you prefer? Rockwell Collins Radios/Displays, Or Honeywell Radios?
and Why?

I vote Collins. - IFIS Rocks!

When implemented as intergrated suites, they're both fine tools to have in the front office. In terms of situational awareness and maximum amount of USEFUL information in a condensded easy to read and dissiminate format, Collins Proline 21 probably takes the cake, but the Honeywell Primus shouldnt hurt anyone's feelings either.

When it comes to operating technologically advanced avionics, that is one area in which I think pilots having to read the entire manual should be mandatory. Pilots tend to stumble onto a feature or learn something new by flying with different people, but it's all right their in the manual.

HawkerF/O said:
When it comes to operating technologically advanced avionics, that is one area in which I think pilots having to read the entire manual should be mandatory. Pilots tend to stumble onto a feature or learn something new by flying with different people, but it's all right their in the manual.

Then how 'bout you explain every feature of the Collins ProLine 21 for us? Without looking in the manual.

Didn't think so.

Shag McNasty said:
Then how 'bout you explain every feature of the Collins ProLine 21 for us? Without looking in the manual.

Didn't think so.
Typical. You missed the whole point of what I was saying. By your post, I see class and professionalism were put on the back burner enroute to your 1,000+ hours. Recess is over, so back to your phonics lesson little boy.

HawkerF/O said:
Typical. You missed the whole point of what I was saying. By your post, I see class and professionalism were put on the back burner enroute to your 1,000+ hours. Recess is over, so back to your phonics lesson little boy.

I thought you were an expert on operating technologically advanced avionics. Obviously you've never learned anything new from another pilot cause you already knew it all.

Shag McNasty said:
I thought you were an expert on operating technologically advanced avionics. Obviously you've never learned anything new from another pilot cause you already knew it all.
Shag, what on earth are you talking about? Where did he or anyone else for that matter say they were an expert on avionics? Point it out because i must be missing something for you to be acting the way you are, so go on and point out the quote where he said he was an expert on anything.

The way I read it is that he thinks pilots should have to read the avionics manual on advanced avionics. Do you disagree? (Don't let you experience show by answering that question). All of us, including myself, have done just what he used as an example. Were you the 1 pilot out of all the thousands of them on here that took his statement as a personal attack on you? How shallow and idiotic.

I'm done. Shag, you're truly a loser for starting something like this. It's because of folks like you that is going to make it easy for me to head on over to ProPilot's new board. Maybe over there professionals won't put up with folks this. Loser.

LRvsH25B OUT!

LRvsH25B said:
Shag, what on earth are you talking about? Where did he or anyone else for that matter say they were an expert on avionics? Point it out because i must be missing something for you to be acting the way you are, so go on and point out the quote where he said he was an expert on anything.

The way I read it is that he thinks pilots should have to read the avionics manual on advanced avionics. Do you disagree? (Don't let you experience show by answering that question). All of us, including myself, have done just what he used as an example. Were you the 1 pilot out of all the thousands of them on here that took his statement as a personal attack on you? How shallow and idiotic.

I'm done. Shag, you're truly a loser for starting something like this. It's because of folks like you that is going to make it easy for me to head on over to ProPilot's new board. Maybe over there professionals won't put up with folks this. Loser.

LRvsH25B OUT!

Sorry, I guess it's a culmination of reading his other posts. He often comes across as condescending or giving a lecture. Time for me to chill.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back