Collins GPS-4000S in a Challenger 300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thatpilotguy

Does anyone have any experience with the Rockwell Collins GPS-4000S with software 002 in a Challenger 300?

I'm looking for known issues...we are currently upgrading the GPS units from the 4000A to the 4000S. There has been a software change on those units PN: 822-2189-001 to PN: 822-2189-002. We are experiencing some issues with one of those units.

We do have a Collins Rep working the problem and several avionics engineers all scratching their heads trouble shooting the situation. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if a solution was found that might help expedite the situation.

As always...thanks in advance for your replies/help!

Does your issue have anything to do with the date not being correct? We had this situation several weeks ago with a 4000s in a Falcon 50.

Both GPS units have had the Date and Time SB performed on them...atleast to my knowledge...could you describe what you saw with the date issue in your Falcon?

On power up, the status page on the CDU showed the current date as ~1989, and the audio entertainment system was playing Flock of Seaguls. Just kidding about the music, but both GPS's had to be sent off for reprograming for the date issue. We could temporarly set the date, but it would change as soon as power was applied.

We had that problem issue as well, prior to updating the 4000A's to 4000S's. It sounds like a different problem that what we experienced...I'm guessing we might be the first to have seen this. The 4000S with software 002 have only been out a couple of months now, I'm it's possible that no Challenger 300 operators have them installed yet, being that they are required for LPV approaches and the 300 is not certified for the LPV approaches yet. Collins is looking into the problem, it's a wait and see game now.

Thanks for your input...as always information on this board is invaluable.

On power up, the status page on the CDU showed the current date as ~1989, and the audio entertainment system was playing Flock of Seaguls. Just kidding about the music, but both GPS's had to be sent off for reprograming for the date issue. We could temporarly set the date, but it would change as soon as power was applied.

Well we are getting closer and closer to 1984, so maybe they're not that far off after all... :erm:

Latest resources

Back