College Station, TX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Answer to the OP

To (finally) answer the OP, the Tweets you saw and heard at CLL were Laughlin jets. Rasta is a DLF X-C call-sign, but to make sure check out the tails of the jets on the ramp:

XL=Laughlin
RA=Randolph
CB=Columbus
VN=Vance
EN=Sheppard (I think - I usually can't see the tails because the IPs are blocking it as they talk with their hands!)

Freebirds is THE place in CLL. I had a policy that any student that ate an entire Super Monster burrito in one sitting could not only sleep on the way home (it's a T-1), he also got an automatic E for the ride. I had many attempts and many miserable, pale students but no winners. The closest was a kid who actually got down to scooping out the filling of the burrito with a spoon at the bottom of his Super Monster...only to lean over and puke out most of it onto the floor of Freebirds during lunchtime. Not a good way for a single Lt to pick up any chicks.....

The best "free lunch" scam I saw was some of our guys who got sent to pick up a T-1 at CWF (Chennault - the $1 lunch miracle). They got squired into CWF by another T-1 and strolled into the FBO to order thier $1 po-boys. They were informed that the $1 lunch was only for people who bought gas, and since the airplane they were flying back had not bought gas, lunch was $5 each.
In record time they returned with the fuel card to the suspect T-1, and simply said "Fill 'er up, and I'll take the $1 special".

Pay your taxes on time, because otherwise this buffoonery could not take place!

Free Steaks

Patmack,

I know that KC Downtown used to give free steaks with xx amount of gas.

Kc downtown

I don't know about free steaks, but I was down there on Friday and there were some cute girls working. Alot better than I am used to at the other FBO's I normally visit.

Man...I just hope there isn't some disgruntled, SUPT wash-out wanting to turn us in for F,W & A after this thread. :) I go (when runway length allows) into civilian fields for the " quality training" my student wouldn't get at a mil field. ;)

check six

Quality Training

Uh me too, that's what I was always thinking about, quality student training. Joe Allen's was never the reason I went to ABI Muni vs. Dyess, it was always quality training.

Gee guys, its alright to have a bit of fun as long as it is legal and you are accomplishing the mission.

Regards,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back