College Station, TX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AEX

I'll agree that Chennault is good cajun and very convenient, but the best cajun food in the U.S. is found at Alexandria, LA, AEX (old England AFB). It is off the airfield at a place called the Cajun Landing. The FBO will give you a $10 coupon if you buy enough petrol and a courtesy car to get there. Nothing on the menu is below excellent.

If you are looking for good restaraunts (sp) ask a T-1 IP. All those out and backs do wonders for the waistline. At least I don't have to fit back into my G-suit after lunch anymore.

Slug

Last edited:
Cajun Landing

Yeah buddy....,

- AEX--CAJUN LANDING if you have the turn time...
- CWF-- if you need a quick turn + GREAT FOOD for 1$...
(and don't forget the free Dove Bars)

Ah yes,... graduated from the T-1 "LUNCH & BACK" Program--on to advanced studies in CREW FOOD compliments of NETJETS!

(Have any recommendations for a health club membership?...will probably NEED that exercise during the road trips!)

Years ago, in my single days, I was totally infatuated with a girl who used to work at Freebirds. Every chance I got, I took an ACE T-37 X-country there, just to see her (and eat a burrito, of course). Of course, she wasn't very interested in me, and it went nowhere. I wish I could remember her name!

Those were the days.

Hey KC-10 Driver,

- Where'd you fly "Steam Jet" -135s + Tweet Ace?...I did some of that in the early 80's at PBG...do you remember IBA at Tulsa Intl(back when FBO's with contract fuel were few/far between)??

DLF8108

All of those places mentioned above offer great chow, but don't forget about Ellington Fld outside of Houston. They have pretty good food at the FBO and its FREE with every fill-up. (God I love having Uncle Sam pay for my gas!) Anyway its a quick turn and the ladies behind the front desk aren't too hard on the eyes either. But to stay on the subject College Station is a decent stop on an out/in.

Ellington

NavyGuy,
I concur on Ellington, any FBO that gives out free beer is tops on my list, not to mention the new hot tub, gym, awesome home theatre/briefing room. Hell, sometimes I fly down there just to watch a movie and chill for the afternoon. I am also definately guilty of having contributed to the declining condition of their BMW 325 courtesy car..lol. As a side note..Got to love those implants on that Lisa chic.

Last edited:
Upgraded EFD?

I hadn't been there in several years, but it looks like Ellington is on my "Next O&B" List.

Slug

Slug,

You gotta check it out. I can't believe the red carpet treatment that fella who owns the FBO rolls out. Free beer, free food, a "Briefing Room" - if that's what you want to call it. It's actually an awesome theatre. He's also got his own version of billeting. He's built 6 rooms (I think 6) and charges nearly nothing for them. Also, I think he's building more. This guy has cornered the market on service and I think it's working. Every time I go there the ramp is busy!

Drop me a line sometime,

DLF8108,

I flew tweet ACE at K.I. Sawyer, then at Barksdale. Never made it into Tulsa, though.

One of my favorite stops used to be Pelican Avaition, at Acadiana Regional in New Iberia, Louisiana. A cool t-shirt and free lunch. Wednesdays used to be Cajun day for lunch.

The FBO owner supposedly knew the owner of Tabasco, and would get his hands on some of the mash left over from making the sauce. Then, he'd boil the crawdads with the mash. Those were the best mudbugs I ever had!

Last edited:
Cajun Wednesday

I had to pay a dollar for my meals.. What’s up with that? Ha Ha Ha. I think they started charging a dollar. Or it depends on how they feel. I pay about every other time. Everyday is some sort of Cajun cuisine. They just got some golf shirts in there too. I think they are 6 bucks or so. Not too bad. Well off to Ellington today. Have to train the new force!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back