College Degree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetstar1

I know this has been posted here before but from the guys on the line does one REALLY need the 4 yr degree for the Regionals??

Thanks
DG

A college degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane, 171 of the 177 companies now hiring pilots do not make possession of a college degree a show stopper. If you want to be a pilot fly airplanes, do a degree on the side if you feel it is important to your career quest. Bobbysans would love this one

Most of my friends finishing their airline careers did not have college degrees. Braniff turned me down 30 years ago because I didn't have the degree, thank God, but being retired from American worked out a lot better. Braniff said being an FE on a 727 required a college degree because of it's complexity. I told them I had a 727 FE rating but it didn't help. When I was a captain on the 727 we called it the dinosour. They never did let me be anything but a captain on it. I always preferred window seats anyway.

Get it while you can. It is like I told my son, I do the exact same thing an AA guy does, more than likely a lot more, and I get paid half of what he does. Get the degree.

Get it. What can it hurt? Almost everyone has a BS these days. College is easy, all you have to do is half way study and go to class.

jetstar1 said:
I know this has been posted here before but from the guys on the line does one REALLY need the 4 yr degree for the Regionals??

Thanks
DG

Of course you can succeed without one BUT, just make it easier on yourself and get one. These days it is a pretty basic educational builing block. Why would you limit yourself by NOT getting one? Today you may want a Regional career, but that could change in 5-10 yrs. Just do it and press on.:)

Latest resources

Back