• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
haha..i am half way through my degree with Utah Valley State College online.... waste of time, but I get the piece of paper... and Air Whiskey just started flying into PVD...don't know if there is a base?..doubt it..

no not a base...no one has a base there but colgan. PHL/DCA are AW bases and AW stopped classes and new hires. There's really no place to go right now.

blzr said:
Name ONE major that will give you a second look, much less hire you without a degree. By the way.. Airtran, Jet Blue, Southwest, Frontier, Alaska, UPS, FedEX...et. al.

The Military would be a great choice, but oops, gotta have that degree...unless you go into the army and become a warrant officer...

Most flight departments that fly anything larger than a Sennica are wanting a degree around here. If you don't have one, you are just not competative no matter what your background.

I know someone at Airtran without degree and someone at FedEx as well as a few guys flying corporate making a good living. It is who you know more than what you know but having a degree is still the better choice. Just dont make it a useless aviation degree

CoolSidePillow said:
I know someone at Airtran without degree and someone at FedEx as well as a few guys flying corporate making a good living. It is who you know more than what you know but having a degree is still the better choice. Just dont make it a useless aviation degree

I'll bet they are new hires too...lolol.

Get a degree, no matter how useless it may be and then you won't have to worry about finding a job that doesn't require one.

blzr said:
I'll bet they are new hires too...lolol.

lol.....I know 3 people at Airtran without 4 year degrees -- hired in the last 2 years (one from Colgan). Who knows about the other 500 or so that I don't know anything about that got hired in the same period. Still, if you have the ability, and money, get the degree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back