Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetlag

what's the QOL, pay, benefits, etc. Looking to get hired as a captain. What r my chances of being based in ALB (home town)? How many nights, if any, would would I RON at home? What are the lines like? Any info appreciated!

I believe ALB is a base for both aircraft. QOL of course would be better in base. I would assume you would be based at home most nights unless you have recurrent or a broken airplane. Beware of this point thought, i have heard many stories from people that they were told they would get a specific base in the interview, and then never got it. You'll get something like BUF or SYR instead and they will think that is close enough. Lots of other complaints over promises at the interview such as certain days off, time to upgrade, if you will be a captain or FO, which aircraft you will be hired into. I have heard these all from pilots.

I assume you have no PIC time and want to get it for SWA.

Be very careful going to Colgan. You'll be asked to some very shady things that could adversely impact your future career endeavors.

I like the company for what its worth. I was based in alb for a month, october. When I was there, there was 6 lines for the saab. A couple days ago I talked to a buddy up there, he said its transforming into a beach base. Only 2 maybe 3 lines. Although I talked to a flight attendent and they said it is usually seasonal. ALB is a very junior base, most newbies and upgrades are there. I like it round trips to LGA all the time.

If you get asked to something you think is shady just say no. I was there over 5 years and have moved to a great job. Don't subsidise any company, be it Colgan or Southwest with the ticket you worked hard to get. If you are right you ar right and they know it. Know your aircraft and the regs so you can back yourself with facts. Get your time and move on.

It's possible they may have a few openings for ........ cowboys.

IAH is the only base with regular overnights. For the other bases, its almost all 1 day trips with the exception of maint/wx/ops issues. I was just in ALB the other day to repo a plane and they are overstaffed there right now for the SAAB (8 Capts, 3 full lines next month).

Lines are not usually the easiest for commuting, but if you get based near your home (might take some time), you will be home every night. Pay is average, not great, but also not the worst I've heard.

Hello,
Not offical, but you have to have the tpye rating, and if you are current 121 that would be of some help also. I can find out if you like...Send me a PM

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

Jetlag said:
what's the QOL, pay, benefits, etc. Looking to get hired as a captain. What r my chances of being based in ALB (home town)? How many nights, if any, would would I RON at home? What are the lines like? Any info appreciated!

Do you have Slaab time? 2nd yr capt 42per/hr benefits same as most. You can get to alb may take a few months just keep bidding. Alb is a maintenance base and despite what everyone else in the colgan community says, it is NOT a junior base there are some Capt's that have been in alb since it opened as F/O'S And have upgraded. Junior for F/O'S Easy commute no matter where you want to go. Lines For the most part suck 55 to 89 hours average. 13-16 days off a month However because it is a maint base you can fly 100 hrs a month. You can fly or not fly you can do as much or as little as you want. Hope it helps

Latest resources

Back