Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO 4 Life said:
Since you guys are out station based and can possibly move base-to-base every month, how do you get to the airport? Seems a far distance to drive a car every month if you get bumped.

I have not heard of anyone moving base to base every month. I know guys that have been at the same bases for years, think it all depends on where you are. But the stories of having to move all the time I think are exagerated, also it took only 4 months to get to my base of choice.

I agree with Kaman, guess it's cuz I'm at my base of choice and QOL is good.

TheBigH But the stories of having to move all the time I think are exagerated[/QUOTE said:
It might have gotten better, but when I was there new bases wereopening and closing all of the time. One of my buddies got unlucky ashe would be in a base for a month or two and then it would close and hewould get displaced again. It was to the point were when he transferredto a base that everyone was scared because they knew the base was gonnaclose soon. And like 99% of the time it did. He had 6 or 7 bases his1st year.And because of base closings there was a time where I was at 3different bases within 4 months. One base closed mid-month. Withnonotice.

Last edited:
parrothead said:
How many days off do ya'll get per month? What is the guarantee? Are the lines commutable? Thanks!

the norm lately has been around 13 days, it was better a few months ago but things have slowed down, hope it gets better this summer. Guarantee is 75, most of the lines are commutable as long as you have a crashpad, if you live near a big city and you're really nice to scheduling they may let you do your reserve days near your home, I do mine out of LGA. Don't know if that's what you meant by commutable.

About the mins for non 121 time guys, most of the guys hired here don't have 121 time, I think they're getting a bit picker with who they hire because of past problems so the biggest determining factor I think is the sim eval, better know your holds and all that stuff.

And yea it's nice to have a Colgan post w/out bashing, but now that I said that it's sure to come...

great cornholio said:
It might have gotten better, but when I was there new bases wereopening and closing all of the time.

Yea I guess it was, but at least for the six months I've been around the bases have been pretty solid ...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back