• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetlag

Anyone tell me anything Colgan?

1. QOL.
2. Time to upgrade.
3. How long on reserve.
4. Chances of being based @ ALB.
5. Any other info.

1. QOL isnt bad when you live in your base dont know how the IAH stuff will be... But just remember NO per diem unless you RON and in the Airways system there was little to none.

2. Time to upgrade really varies as it does everywhere... I was hired in Jan 04 if i was still there i would be upgrading in the next few months.

3. I sat reserve for less than a month, and line holders have some reserve there too though.

4. Any base goes Jr to Sr in days so u should get it soon enough.

5. Just be careful there.

Matt

1) QOL is good, at least for me. I rent a house with several other guys. We are home pretty much every night to go out and have a good time. Commuting isn't bad, using the USAIR pass system, if you live in the Northeast near a hub or focus city.

2) I have been online for 10 months or so, looking at an upgrade very shortly.

3) I had a line built right out of sim. No reserve.

4) ALB is a SAAB base I believe. I have no idea what your chances would be. I wouldn't think you would have to wait to long with the turnover though.

5) It's not for everyone, but I am happy here. Hopefully the IAH operation will be a boost to the company.

Upgrade times right now on the beech are fast, 2000TT & 500 in type is what they want, works out to about 8-10 months depending on how much flying you get. Not sure what they want on the Saab.

5) It's not for everyone, but I am happy here. Hopefully the IAH operation will be a boost to the company.[/QUOTE]

I think they bit off more then they can chew. Only time will tell.

mwmav8r01 said:
1. QOL isnt bad when you live in your base dont know how the IAH stuff will be... But just remember NO per diem unless you RON and in the Airways system there was little to none.

2. Time to upgrade really varies as it does everywhere... I was hired in Jan 04 if i was still there i would be upgrading in the next few months.

3. I sat reserve for less than a month, and line holders have some reserve there too though.

4. Any base goes Jr to Sr in days so u should get it soon enough.

5. Just be careful there.

Matt

Did you PFT there?

COLGAN IS NOT PFT !!!

They stopped that last spring/summer from what I hear. But despite what anyone tells you, Colgan is most definetly not a PFT place. What they are still doing for sure is the sim evaluations in the Beech sim at LGA for new hires.

Are people there going to have problems with the street Captains that will be hired there to cover the IAH operation?

Do they pay and/or put you up in a hotel during training??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back